Why don't ZTR's have headlights?

/ Why don't ZTR's have headlights? #11  
Re: Why don\'t ZTR\'s have headlights?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( that do help late in the day )</font>

But not much, unless they're brighter than the ones I've had on $1800-$2200 mowers. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Why don't ZTR's have headlights? #12  

I think SkyPup touched on the answer to the "why" question:

If you have serious obstacles (and just straight ahead lighting), with ZTR in the dark it would likely be easier to "find" unseen trouble than with a less manuverable tractor.

Manufactures probably figure that the commercial user is less likely to blame the machine if he does something stupid with it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Could also be that ZTR is, by itself, enough of a selling point right now; then they can save the gimmicks for later (though some of us would find lights really useful).....

Chad

/ Why don't ZTR's have headlights? #13  

Do any of you have " Dew " in your area. The damp grass may not cut the best and the catchers may not catch.

Egon

/ Why don't ZTR's have headlights? #14  

Yep, Egon, I like to get started at first light on whatever I'm going to do that day, but the dew frequently makes me start mowing much later than I wanted. It also made us start a lot later than I preferred when we were cutting and baling hay.

/ Why don't ZTR's have headlights? #15  

Another brand of ZTR that comes with lights is Simplicity. The Citation and Stallion both have lights. Other than the Gravely 200 series, those are the only two I know of with lights, other than those aimed purely at the residential market. It does seem cheesey that they can put them on the $3000 ZTRs but not on an $8000 one. I have been told by several dealers that they are not on there because there simply not a demand for them by the commercial guys. Same reason that they don't put deck props and some other things on these machines. To me they look like nice add-ons, but I guess to a commercial guy they are just something to go wrong...