Why I decided a CK20 was not enough.

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough. #11  
I hope your new tractor serves you as well as your last!

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough. #12  
So where's the pix?

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough. #13  
Dat's Right -- PIX!

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough. #14  
Excellent post!. A few weeks ago when I was bit by the upgrade bug I considered switching orange shades from an L3400 to a DK40SE.

Finally the bug wore off but when it does come back in a few years I will compare the DK40SE or equivalent to the GLs from Kubota.

Keep us posted on how things go with the DK40.

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough. #15  
Got a slightly unrelated question for you. Why did you get your BH90X with a mechanical thumb when a hydraulic one is available for it? I've got only 20 hours on my BH70X and I sorely wish I had a hydraulic thumb instead of mechanical. I've jumped off and on the machine one too many times to adjust it. When the BH70X warranty is up, the first thing I will do is start researching what it will take to convert the mechanical thumb to hydraulic.

/ Why I decided a CK20 was not enough.
hosejockey2002 said:
Got a slightly unrelated question for you. Why did you get your BH90X with a mechanical thumb when a hydraulic one is available for it?

An extra 1200 prints of George Washington was the main reason. The mechanical thumb wasn't cheap (?$800 or so as I recall) and the hydraulic one just seemed excessively expensive considering the use I had in mind. I will use the thumb primarily when digging stumps and I hope I'm not doing so much of that to wish for the hydraulic. I suppose I could retrofit the hydraulic if necessary but I'll give the mechanical a try first. I have a FEL grapple so some of the uses for a hydraulic thumb can be done with that implement too.