Why I'm so concerned about turning radius

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Why I\'m so concerned about turning radius

Here is the old apple orchard in my back yard. This is why I've been so concerned about manuverability.

Attachments

• 35-145837-orchard1.jpg
    35-145837-orchard1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 120
   / Why I'm so concerned about turning radius
Re: Why I\'m so concerned about turning radius

Another shot

Attachments

• 35-145838-orchard2.jpg
    35-145838-orchard2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 102

last one. We got my mom a digital camera for her birthday. I borrowed it this week. Lots of fun.

Attachments

• 35-145841-orcchard3.jpg
    35-145841-orcchard3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
   / Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #4  

Have the lanes between rows been trimmed? This should give you room to take the tractor and trailer down each lane.
PJ

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #5  

yes by all means try to keep the space between the rows open, or no amount of manuverability will help. what do you use to mow, as it seems to be trimmed right up to the apple trunks. here is a shot of one of the rows here in hudson during the current bloom. wow the smell is something and the view is beautiful. if your picture is recent you should see bloom soon, or you just had it. by the way my 30 horse kioti 3054 moves through my orchard very well, though it gets a little tight when i have the forwarding trailer behind it.

Attachments

• 35-145902-applerows.jpg
    35-145902-applerows.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 92

Yes the "lanes" have been trimmed. Actually there are only two straight rows, the rest of the trees are kind of randomly placed.

Calling it an orchard might be a stretch as it is really just a couple dozen apple trees in the back yard. I do think that at one point many years ago, some farmer did harvest the apples. The house is relatively new (6 years) but the trees look to be well established (and overgrown). We just bought the property last fall, after the apples dropped. We are looking forward to finding out what varieties we have. They do produce fist sized fruit. I'm trying to keep up with the pruning this year. Next year, we may pick a couple of trees and try to produce an edible crop.

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #7  

MMMMMmmmm!
Apple pies
Apple fritters
Apple sauce
Apple chunk cake
Apple sauce cake
MAN DO I MISS MY APPLE TREES!

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #8  

Did you ever eat at The Apple Barn (I think that's the name of the place) in Pigeon Forge, TN? Oh man, they serve the best apple fritters I've ever had./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif They have a whole apple operation going on there. It's a really neat, and fattening, place to visit!

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #9  

<font color=blue>serve the best apple fritters I've ever had</font color=blue>

Wonder if they're as good as Stout's Cider Mill in Wilcox, AZ? Good cider, pies, and all kinds of goodies./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Why I'm so concerned about turning radius #10  

Funny you should ask. About 8 years ago a neighbor came over while my wife was frying some up. She sampled and said she had not had any that good since her last trip to Pigeon Forge. I now wonder if The Apple Barn was were she was talking about? Will never know though. We moved away from their in '98 leaving the apple / pear / plum / peach / fig / and chestnut trees behind. But we had to get away from there quick! They annexed the area into the city limits. We had to get rid of the horses. The NEW neighbors complained about the "tractor noises" and chickens, etc.etc.etc.