Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #21  
Flutie Fanatic said:
I would just start a TBN thread and ask for prices paid for the tractor you're looking at or similar ones.
....................................................................................

I would not do that here because I would just get same clown saying..."RESEARCH YOURSELF:

NO THANKS:)

Funny. I have had approximately 99% positve experiences here on TBN; the negative I do believe I brought on myself :eek:

Very valuable forum. I am teaching real world tractor operators things I've learned here that they had no clue about. Very friendly bunch of guys (and a few gals) here. :)

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #22  
Ditto. At the risk of being called a "clown" again:D , there are few straight comparisons in the tractor world. Each brand has its own features and slight differences that make many models "apples to oranges". Some of these are more/less important to specific people and thus the value follows.

MSRP is a gauge. If you compare the MSRP of similar tractors across brands you can get a general idea of where they will fall - relative to one another.

My comment on dealers was misunderstood. If dealer for Brand A gives you a price a couple thousand dollars lower for a similar tractor that dealer for Brand B has given you, the service you get from them (and expect to get from them) should absolutely factor into your decision.

The irony of your post is that this forum is all information supplied by members. You're a member. Why don't you get a list together and start the thread? I'll be watching for it...

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #23  
I feel your pain. It would be nice to have a list of the MSRPs in one spot. But, like you suggested, it would be really time consuming to maintain. I doubt anybody would have the energy to keep it up. It would be really neat to list the special financing deals available too because that greatly affects the price.

You were trying to figure out if the price you paid was reasonable or not. I'm sorry you didn't find out what you wanted. Looks like everybody got caught up in the afterglow of the purchase. Were you unable to find out what the MSRP of the 3005 was? If you could, 10-15% less would be a good price. If his price was $1000 less than other quotes, I'd say that was a good price. Pricing is very regional. It would be hard for anybody in the US to have a useful opinion about Canadian pricing. I don't think a lot of people have to deal over the phone with someone 300 miles away usually either. A 300 mile delivery is going to be worth a lot too. There's just a lot of variables.

Anyway, hope the way this thread went didn't really make you want to take your ball and go home. You seem fairly resilient and I'd like to know how you like the 3005 when you get it. If you're really annoying, I can always add you to my ignore list :)

Flutie Fanatic said:
Would it not be great to have a up to date price comparison list of say all 27-32 hp compact tractors, for example. I surf the dealers and more often than not you have to phone or email for prices. I am only talking about suggested retail prices not actual quotes and dickering etc, JUST SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICES.

Perhaps the reason is just that it would be to time consuming for someone to do this? or is there another reason? For instance I would like to know prices of a Mahindra tractor compared to John Deere 790 4 wd with bucket etc? I am in Canada, but would be able to get the jist of pricing if there was American pricing list here...suggested retail I mean. Am waiting on a 2 day old email request from Mahindra closest dealer, for prices, he`s the only one with a website,has no prices on web but does not answer phone.

Would be nice to have comparison pricing here on a thread, so a person does not have to phone each dealer to find out.:)

Now on some forums I belong to (satellite) I would add at bottom of post...come tear me a new one:D

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #24  
Flutie Fanatic said:
To say "research yourself" quite frankly is offensive and un helpfull.
Are you kidding? offensive?
Never mind that the poster didn't just say "research yourself", but offensive?!?!
Come on now...

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #25  
I've found a number of responses to this post to be very interesting. To the "dealers" who seem to be saying it would be too complicated, wouldn't take into account programs and discounts etc.

What if tractor dealers had to post MSRP sticker prices just like the automobile dealers?

Maybe that would help to level the playing field and take at least some of the hocus pocus out of trying to determine a price. Yes we all know that hardly anyone pays MSRP, but a common starting point would still be a good start. You can go to gm.com or deere.com and use the "build your own" configurator and come up with a price for almost anything including most options.

I've since purchased, but during research I used the Deerre configurator. I could find no such tool for any of the other brands. In fact, some dealers are apparently prohibited from even advertising prices.

I received printed computerized pricing - good for 30 days - from two JD stores.

One MF dealer looked in a little pocket notebook and told me "it would be about $20,000.

One MF dealer provided printed computerized quotes, similar to JD

One Kubota dealer wrote a price on the back of a brochure.

One Kubota salesman was talking to me, another person came along and asked a question and the salesman just started talking to the other guy and ignored me. I walked out and called the GM and told him they would never sell anything to me.

One Kioti dealer just gave me a brochure and told me it would probably be around $20,000. Another Kioti dealer just gave me a verbal price for a unit sitting on his lot.

There seem to be too many stores out there who act like you are bothering them, who seem to think they are doing you a major favor by providing information or by selling you a product. Except in rare circumstances, I usually return the favor by not bothering them again.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors
Thank you to all seriously!!!
:)

I got a cal from the Canadian Mahindra dealer, he could not come close to the JD 3005.

Thanks to EVERY SINGLE PERSON that replied:) I was out of line in a couple of my remarks.

I belong to quite a few satellite forums, I do it myself, great hobby! Someone said read more research more. Ever since then I try not to ask questions unless I am really stumped(which is never anymore) I guess thanks to the first guy that said, fellow research and read.

So I was a bit paranoid even before I posted this that someone would say that...several posters said to research and thats good advice.:)

I googled for Canadian forum but not found yet.

All I really wanted to know was GENERALLY SPEAKING are there not cheaper tractors then John Deere and the top brands..suprisingly you guys/ most did not know??? I found that interesting

Thanks again:)

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #27  
Flutie Fanatic said:
I googled for Canadian forum but not found yet.

All I really wanted to know was GENERALLY SPEAKING are there not cheaper tractors then John Deere and the top brands..suprisingly you guys/ most did not know??? I found that interesting

Scroll to the bottom of the TBN Forum Index. There is a "Canada Forum" there.

Within the Case / NH, MF/ Agco, JD, Kubota, Kioti grouping it seemed to me, when I was looking, there was a significant degree of MSRP price similarity when comparing models with capabilities / options as close as possible. Willingness of dealers to discount varied quite a bit. Without being too cynical it reminds me of gasoline pricing. Everyone claims complete independence and competitive pricing - but the prices are still much the same.

I didn't pay much attention to Mahindra, since the dealer was not close and the phone pricing I got was more than JD, Kubota etc.

The Chinese and / or no name crate tractors were cheap but of no interest to me after I looked at a couple of them.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #29  
CinderSchnauzer,

Its not cynical, its reality.

Just like the reality of economics; one always gets only what one pays for.

Some are willing to pay more for a tractor for a nebulous thought of getting better service. They are investing more up front, hoping that their "stock" will increase and pay dividends when needed.

I want the best price on the tractor, and I will pay for service ala carte.

If the service is owed me as part of a warranty contract, I expect to get what I am owed and nothing more.

/ Why is there no thread with actual pricing of say, different compact tractors #30  
CinderSchnauzer and RFB both make good points. Heck I can go to the Harley Davidson site and get MSRP, and I also don't need a warm relationship with my dealer. It would be in thier best interest, not mine, to establish one. There is another poster on this site that I admire who was just royaly shafted by his beloved dealer. I've bought hay from the same grower for ten years, when I stopped in last week I was informed that they no longer will be selling to the general public. Seems a broker will buy all that they can produce. Oh, but that is business. Don't get me wrong I still appreaciate a good two way business relationship, but more and more in this day and age get your best deal and demand what is right.