Why not a small PTO rock crusher?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #21  
steve tyn don't give up just keep crushing rock a little at
a time and you will have a drive way full before you know it

willy

The country that made that rock crusher has laborers to work for like 12 cents per day. There’s no way anyone that actually values their time can load 20 tons of rock through that for what a dump truck load delivered cost. It didn’t look all that safe either launching rocks out of it. The $5000 that the rock crusher cost would buy a big pile of crushed stone delivered. Probably more than the guy that owns that tool would ever manage to crush. And when I’m buying gravel from the quarry I can get whatever size I want. That tool is only capable of making crusher run. The next problem is where are you going to get rocks of the proper size to go through that? I’m sure most everyone has a pile laying around that they have picked up over the years but what about after that’s gone?

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #22  
A rock crusher just beats itself to death every time you use it..

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #23  
It's not really that I'm trying to produce gravel, more trying to get rid of rocks.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #24  
   / Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #25  
I could make a lot of walls.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #26  
IMG_0159.jpeg

That’s what Ms Marjorie Shipley did with all stones picked up from fields and pastures. 600’ wall, 4,000sf house. Structural walls some 4’ thick.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #27  
My Dad gave me a rock crusher when I was young, a 5lb sledge.
After I became a teenager he "upgraded" it to a 10lb. :)
Not every one of my father's ideas from when I was a kid seems like a good idea today.

At one time my father thought we should cut our firewood with bucksaws and bowsaws. And I cut quite a bit with them. However, today I'm not at all excited about the idea of cutting a cord of wood by hand. I do like using an axe, but am also happy enough to cut round branches into firewood.

I have no problems grabbing a hand saw to cut a 2x4, but not 100 2x4s.

We also used to drill all the holes for gate hinges using a brace and bit. But, that was before cordless tools were so nice.

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #28  
Not every one of my father's ideas from when I was a kid seems like a good idea today.

At one time my father thought we should cut our firewood with bucksaws and bowsaws. And I cut quite a bit with them. However, today I'm not at all excited about the idea of cutting a cord of wood by hand. I do like using an axe, but am also happy enough to cut round branches into firewood.

I have no problems grabbing a hand saw to cut a 2x4, but not 100 2x4s.

We also used to drill all the holes for gate hinges using a brace and bit. But, that was before cordless tools were so nice.
I too had all my 4 children cut firewood with bucksaw, axe, bowsaw and use a brace and bit. And use handsaws for cutting 1 x 6 for small projects, like a birdhouse. At least twice.
Then as soon as battery operated tools became widely available they all got starter sets.

(I learned those skills, plus sharpening etc. from my Grandfather and Father before I was allowed to use circular saws and drills. Brace and bit came in handy. In Vermont we tapped a lot of maple trees while I was growing up in the '60's. No electricity in the field, all holes done with brace and bit, all sap collected in buckets.)

/ Why not a small PTO rock crusher? #30  
I'm looking at that stone wall thinking I could crush every one of those rocks.