why not point out the original poster of a thread

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread
I guess no one else cares?

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #12  
I agree it would be helpful, maybe it would help a little to keep the threads from side tracking so much. Some get way off topic. Not that this would prevent people from doing it, but it would be a subtle reminder.

It would be helpful, OP - maybe do a poll.

And isn't discussing off-topic off-topic?

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread #13  
JoeBuyer said:
I agree it would be helpful, maybe it would help a little to keep the threads from side tracking so much. Some get way off topic. Not that this would prevent people from doing it, but it would be a subtle reminder.

Nah. It's wouldn't be as helpful as you think. just like this forum. NEWS and FEEDBACK. NEWS would be from Muhammad about something added. FEEDBACK would be comments on something he posted to discuss exceptance or correction. If this was a forum to discuss adding features thru suggestions, it would be called something else. my :twocents: The problem is where knowingly changing the subject by people who know what the subject is. if you have been following a thread and have to be reminded who started it, you wheren't following it from the beginning anyways. if Muhammad invoked what you request, would you still be posting offtopic mini threads?

/ why not point out the original poster of a thread
well really, the title of the forum says "post comments or questions...", I don't think this is off topic

It may not keep people from sidetracking all that much, but it is quite helpful. As I said earlier I am a member on a different forum that does such a thing. Maybe it is because I got used to it, but I find myself looking for that now sometime. I follow a lot of threads here, and am bad at keeping track of people. When I go back to read a thread that hadn't been responded to for a while and gets brought up again, I click on it and start reading without checking at the thread listing page to see who started it. As I start reading the new responses, I forget who started the thing in the first place. Maybe I just need to change my ways and come up with a more efficient way of keeping track of these things. But really I don't think it would be a hard thing to do and it's not like there are any disadvantages to it.