Why not Skid Steer Attachments

/ Why not Skid Steer Attachments #11  
Yeah, I was looking yesterday (following all of these threads) for a trencher to rent. Well, the one trencher I found weighed 960lbs. Now it was bigger than I needed, but man, that is alot of steel. My PT's lift is an anemic 1200lbs.

/ Why not Skid Steer Attachments #12  
The large mass seems to be the general issue with skid steer attachments; they tend to be designed to be heavy. (A heavy trencher gets pushed around less by roots and rocks.) Don't forget to add the weight of your attachment plate, and the fact that for a trencher a lot of mass is relatively far out. That 960lb trencher would probably pucker your 1850, just from the outboard mass.

I don't know if it would meet your needs, but you could also consider using high pressure air spade. They need 110cfm/90psi, but they work well in lots of tree roots and rocks. They don't work super well in wet clay. Wear face protection and earplugs and ear muffs. They are really loud, but it can be pretty fast in rough ground. (plus you get the rocks sorted, so you can use them for other things.

YMMV, of course.

All the best, Peter

/ Why not Skid Steer Attachments #13  
May Be This Could give some one a thought. In these pics the Nuts at the bottom are not necessary. The top piece under the plate is a long piece of angle running all the way between the two upper bolts holding the plate to the skid steer plate. One side of the angle is shaved off.

Attachments

• IMG_6559.JPG
    IMG_6559.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6560.JPG
    IMG_6560.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6556.JPG
    IMG_6556.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 63