why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
I just bought the stuff i needed for my 50 hr service.From the way every one was trying to cross reference their filters,i thought they were going to cost an arm and a leg.the oil filter,was around 4 dollars[less than i pay at an auto parts store]the hydro filter was around 10. think ill stick with the kubota filters,seam like a bargain to me.
also i got to look at the hundreds of tractors and accessorys the dealer had at their open house.all i got to say is when i die spread my ashes there.i told my wife when i die im going to heaven,and im taking bota with me.[she replyed where im going the tires will melt right off it]
ESCAVADER

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #2  
Bought OEM fluid & filters for my upcoming 50hr service the other day at the local Kubota dealer and at $11 for the hydro filter & $5 for the oil filter I'll be staying OEM too! Went with the OEM oil & Super UDT but may check out going w/synthetic oil at 100 hrs. Will probably always stay w/the S UDT.

The local Kubota dealer is also a great place to peep out attachments, improvements, additions & new offerings for my tractoring needs so the occasional trip by is a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Volfandt

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #3  
ESCAVADER,

Are you talking about Hammond Tractor? If so, it would be worth my time to run down there. NAPA can sell me an oil filter for ~ $6.00 but does not list a hydo...... The local dealer has quoted me a much higher price than $10.00.

Gary

PS.... Your tires will probably be melting right next to mine./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #4  
My L3430's transmission hydro filter runs about $38.00, the engine oil filter is about $8.00. They are more expensive on the larger tractors. I always run the Kubota OEM myself.

ksmmoto

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN
no, RS OSGOODSIN Dixfield,had their 75th open house thursday
ESCAVADER

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #6  
lets see:
Local dealer prices
oil filter 8.XX
hyd filter 16.XX
air filter: 12.95
Total: 36.95+Tax

Online prices
oil: filter 4.95
hyd filter 12.25
air filter: 8.95
Total + shipping

Even with shipping online is still cheaper. Plus to my door.

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #7  
Has anyone done a pictorial tutorial on a 50 hr service on the BX23. I would be very interested in seeing it done. Thanks

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #8  
Its covered real well in the manual. Its no more difficult than changing the oil in your car.

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #9  
Mike,

Are those Emerichs prices?

When I did my 50 last year they were with in a few dollars of mail order not including shipping.

Plus the time they spent telling me exactly what to look for was great.

/ why not use a kubota filter?bx-23, KUBOTA HEAVEN #10  
My oil filter was 11 and change, not worth the gray over blue paint. I will just get the one thats painted blue already. My dealer sugested I get mine at that big blue and gold store anyway.