why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here?

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Just curious ... obviously I have the 1648. But it's very rare that people talk about the mid to high HP models of these series on the MF forums.

Are they not popular tractors? Are the people that own or shop for them (other than me) too busy to post? Are they just so reliable that no one ever feels the need to mention them?

There are lots of posts about the economy series, the utility tractors, even the smaller GC and 17xx SCUT lines.

Just doesn't make sense ...

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #2  
I'd guess that the people that own and operate the big tractors have been through most of the TBN stuff a long time ago. They probably grew up with tractors and would find that most of the TBN discussions would not apply or be of interest to them. Other that enjoying an occasional picture or discussion of large farms/equipment, I similarly do not find much useful info for me as a Cut/small acreage owner. As far as chit/chat, I ain't much into that either.

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #3  
The book mark I have for this forum reads "TractorByNet.com-Compact Tractor Forum" There are times I need to remember that.

but it makes sense! ;-)

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #4  
I have the 1648 open station 12x12 PowerShuttle, and love it. I got it in April 2013, and used it since mainly for mowing and snow removal, and for miscellaneous front end loader tasks. I am also not a big writer, but keep following up what is going on here as I love this web site! Being a single, full time working mom of two kids during the weeks, as my partner works in a different town and only comes home at weekends, I have not much time. By the way, I am one of those who grew up on a farm and always was surrounded by tractors.

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #5  
most of the folks here are into the LT / GT scene ... a few have larger properties and need a bigger beast / toy ....

fewer still have the full sized machines

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here?
most of the folks here are into the LT / GT scene ... a few have larger properties and need a bigger beast / toy ....

fewer still have the full sized machines

I don't know... check the other forums and there are plenty of owners with the 40-55 HP CUT's. Just seems weird how rarely they are mentioned in the Massey forum.

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #7  
Once you get into the higher hp cut, you are better off getting a utility model, not much more money, heavier built too.

Once you get into the higher hp cut, you are better off getting a utility model, not much more money, heavier built too.

Yes and no ... for a guy like me (and many others on this forum) who needs HST, that's not an option. There are many utility models I'd love to have, but the work I do requires HST, so I'm limited to the high HP CUT's.

/ why so few of the (larger) 1600/1700 tractors talked about on here? #9  
Why do you absolutely NEED hst on your tractor ?
Just curious :confused:
Black

Why do you absolutely NEED hst on your tractor ?
Just curious :confused:
Black

Because I do primarily loader work, along with fine grading, gravel work, and other applications were a need constant close changes in direction. I also work in tight residential areas and having to deal with shuttle shift in any form would be a nuisance. I've had several shift in the past and I will likely stay with hydro forever. Everyone here will have an opinion on the topic, but I have decided to stay with hydro because it works best for me and my applications.