why two tractors? My reason

/ why two tractors? My reason #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
My solution to a dirt sifter. Lots of "dirt" but it has too much crud for the planting beds. I tried a sloped passive sifter, but it didn't work well. The sifter is mounted on the forks and allows me to process the dirt as fast as the wife can load with the 2305. I use the front remote to control the dumpgate.

Couldn't use this method without two tractors. This also keeps the wife involved.

Attachments

• annload.jpg
    annload.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 277
  • anndump.jpg
    anndump.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 271
  • sifter.jpg
    sifter.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 278
   / why two tractors? My reason #2  
I Like it... any reason to justify having his and her tractors :D:thumbsup:

Your guard for the forks look like there's a story (or two) behind them. Just bent up from "normal" use? ;)

/ why two tractors? My reason #3  
Can I ask what you use as the sifter and how you attached it to the box? Tried building one of these but have struggled to get it to stay together due to the weight.

/ why two tractors? My reason
The sifter mesh is 3/4 expanded metal. It is held in place on three sides by the wood, and on the forth side by bolts with washers taped into the front crosstube. Pix shows the frame better. The 1/4" x 2" bars provide the rigidity for the thiner mesh. I was going to use shaker screeen but the screen alone was U$400. The expanded mesh was about U$50 I also cut a piece of 1/2" flattened mesh to fit on top of the 3/4" for finer sift, but the wife doesn't think it nessasary.

Attachments

• siftframe.jpg
    siftframe.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 139
   / why two tractors? My reason
Your guard for the forks look like there's a story (or two) behind them. Just bent up from "normal" use? ;)

I had a 2 yd dump bed off of a mini dumptruck balanced on the forks with a chain to the guard for balance and to keep it from bouncing. The wifes "Great Pain" dog ran in front of the tractor and when I hit the brakes... It's going to be a winter time fix/ rebuild.