Widen my rear wheels.

/ Widen my rear wheels. #1  

goatman

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 30
Just bought a NH TC30. The dealer says he cannot get split rims that allow for the widening of the rear tires.. I have 1 piece rims...11.2-24 ag tires.. NH dealer says they don't have axle extenders for this model.. Any suggestions?? I live southern Oh my farm hilly and want the security of wider rear end.. Thanks in advance... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Widen my rear wheels. #2  
Are the tires already installed using the attachment points which give you the widest stance? That would be your first step. Beyond that you might have to consider duals.

/ Widen my rear wheels. #3  
A lot of tractors can gain a few inches by swapping the wheels side to side, how about yours?

/ Widen my rear wheels.
THEY ARE AS WIDE AS THE 1 PIECE RIMS WILL ALLOW.. How would you go about making the duals??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Widen my rear wheels. #5  
First you find one of the people that make duallie adapters on the 'net. Buy them and use them for a while. Then get to the NH dealer to buy new axles and bearings as that tractor was not designed to run duals.

/ Widen my rear wheels. #6  
507 has a point. There is a company that makes adapters for tractors. Most of their stuff is for the bigger units running duals front and back. Offhand I don't remember the name. A quick search via google didn't help. I have a dealer I can call tomorrow. I'm thinking you ought to call the adapter maker and check their opinion.

New Holland will probably make the sign of the cross if you call them. The other company might have some examples using adapters with your sized tractor.

/ Widen my rear wheels. #7  
I think Inspector507 was saying that you don't want to run duals on that tractor.

/ Widen my rear wheels. #8  
If you decide to run duals, put a couple pounds less air in the outboard tire, helps them axle bearings last longer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Widen my rear wheels.
I'm not a mechanic or engineer:: I don't understand why dullies would " damage axles, bearings ". Please explain.. Thanks for the warning.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif PS sound like it would be expensive anyway , Will probably either leave it alone and or just keep looking for the two piece rims or power ajust rims..the only place I've found is uneferth in northern ohio but they want $450 a rim .. shouldn't be that expensive...Do you know anything about "axle extenders" pro or con.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Widen my rear wheels. #10  
Call these people and see if they can make the rim you want. They may be able to put a deeper dish in the center to help you out.
Hey Wheel

Do a search on Google for "dual wheel adapter".
You may be very suprised at what you find, but they are expensive $300 and up.