Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas!

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #11  
I saw your posts before about it. I will try the narrower stock chain first, which will probably work good for me as I will be doing 99% limbing/topping and no bucking to speak off, all on soft woods. I am sure in time I will try different things, can't wait to get it out and broken in.

I've run 3/8 and .325 on my 261, which is a similar saw. The 3/8 was fine for bucking, and I like that it stays sharp a little longer and is faster and easier to file, but for smaller material like loving and thinning, I prefer .325 hands down. Way smoother and less grabby.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #12  
You'll enjoy pulling the trigger on that :thumbsup: as said like to flop on its side...sometimes rolls down a hill.

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas!
Well I got to finally get several tanks through the saw and I am super pleased with the saw. It is even better in every way than I thought it would be. The 550XP is a wood eating beast!

/ Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #14  
Congratulations, nice looking saw. Sounds like a perfect fit for you. Enjoy.

Just a picture to show this sweet saw off.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 315
   / Wife got me a new Husky 550 XP for Christmas! #16  
Had mine 5 years now, averaging 8 cord of firewood/year, cut down and cut up, plus in the last 5 years I cut down 10,000 bd ft of logs. One thing I really like is the bar nuts stay on the cover instead of falling on the ground where they won't be found, the always on switch is kinda nice too.

I run 18" bar, .325 pitch, .058 ga, full chisel Oregon chain. I don't believe there's a dimes worth of difference in cutting speed going to the next size bigger saw, but the weight and price gain is probably significant.

Got this muffler put on just before I had to head off overseas to work for a month. Can't wait to try it out, sure sounds awesome:)
Stock muffler vs "buckshot" muffler from Myrtle Creek Saw Shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 320