Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it)

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #1  

mpowrd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Our new BX24 arrived just before Thanksgiving. As it is my wife's new tractor, she got to back it off the tilt-bed that delivered it. She's got a bunch of projects in mind as we landscape our property over the next few years, so she wanted a bucket grapple and the backhoe.

We have an American Solutions grapple that I need to install, plus we got a Bro-Tek thumb, ripper tooth with plow, and both skid plates. We also got a Woods 48 box blade, a Gearmore 60 landscape rake, a Bearcat 70554 chipper, and a Ramsplitter 16-ton 3-point splitter. I also opted for a full hydraulic tilt and top set-up with a 2-spool remote valve mounted by my right elbow.

We have both gotten some seat time doing little jobs including both loader and backhoe work. The backhoe is definitely harder to get smooth with and coordinate all the functions. It seems like a great little machine.

Next up is to level out a pad for a portable garage canopy and finish contouring an access road we had cut from one end of our property to the other across a sideways sloping area.

This forum has been invaluable with all the advise about what to look for when taking delivery (step reinforcing kit, new seat, etc.), maintenance, and the best attachments. Thanks to all.

Here are some pictures from delivery day...

Attachments

• on tow truck.jpg
    on tow truck.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 740
  • backing off trailer.jpg
    backing off trailer.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 682
  • at rest.jpg
    at rest.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 691
  • family BX24.jpg
    family BX24.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 734
  • moving rocks.jpg
    moving rocks.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 723
   / Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #2  
That is a great set up for the tasks you, and your wife have planned! Congratulations on your purchase, and keep us updated on how all your attachments work for you.

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #3  
mpowrd

Ouote"The backhoe is definitely harder to get smooth with and coordinate all the functions. It seems like a great little machine.
"
One thing I found was to idle down the engine till you get smotheer with the hoe it will still build same presure just flow will drop off.

tom

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #4  
Congrats to your wife on her new tool. It's nice of her to let you have some seat time :)

tommu56 said:
mpowrd

Ouote"The backhoe is definitely harder to get smooth with and coordinate all the functions. It seems like a great little machine.
"
One thing I found was to idle down the engine till you get smotheer with the hoe it will still build same presure just flow will drop off.

tom
Great advice! When I'm doing detail work (e.g. working close to stationary objects) I drop the engine speed to 1,2-1,400 RPM. The hoe has the same "strength"; it just does everything slower. This makes it much easier to control precisely. Hence more orange paint stays on the bucket :)

Talon Dancer

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #5  
Congrats Mr. Mpowrd...that looks like a perfect setup. Even better when the wife takes it for a spin...wish mine could help with the projects a little sometimes.

Remember to lower your hula-hoop! Many, many, many stories of running the ROPS into the garage sill upon entering. Mega no bueno.

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #6  
Wow, nothing is more pleasant to the eye than a lovely lady on a lovely tractor!!! :)

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #7  
Now that is a keeper wife! :D

/ Wife's tractor is here! (and I get to use it) #8  
A fine looking family you got there.

Congrats on the new machine.