Mowing will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #11  
Fort4100HST, I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar issue and woul like to know how it turnrd out. Were you successful at mounting a 60 inch deck on your 4100?

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #12  
you need a lift kit and aux hydrolics to operate the lift I have 2 60" decks and a lift kit I have taken off machines we have sold, I do not have aux hydrolics and as a kit its not avalible .

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #13  
you need a lift kit and aux hydrolics to operate the lift I have 2 60" decks and a lift kit I have taken off machines we have sold, I do not have aux hydrolics and as a kit its not avalible .

Thanks Waycool. I bought a 7-iron 60-inch deck, like new, thinking JD would stock the parts to mount it. Wrong. So, I need the lift kit which I think includes front and rear brackets/arms and a hydro cylinder with hoses (I see one of those cylinders on e-bay now). There are no hydraulics (joystick) on my tractor so I will need to locate a salvaged one. If I can't locate those parts, I will just sell the mm and go the easy route with a rfm. Let me know what you want for the lift kit and what it includes while I keep looking for the rest.

Appreciate the info.

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #14  
does the tractor have a loader ? you can use the loader hydro, but you have to disable loader when you have mower on. the last time I priced a scv and control handle it was about $1300 for all pieces that were in the kit for 300-350 from deere . I will check to see I have all pieces , for lift, do you need front bracket, goes from deck to front of tractor? do you need a drive shaft foor the deck?

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #15  
No loader. I am attaching a couple of photos of my deck so you can see what I have. Also a coupe of pics showing the brackets I might need. I found the front one on e-bay for $28 but have not bought it yet,pending finding everything first. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 174
   / will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #16  
does your tractor have loader controls? I think all do if the joy stick is not there look between seat and tire on right [as your sitting ] side there should be a valve and linkages . I don't ever recall seeing a j d without loader valve and there is more pieces needed there is 2 brackets left side has long screw and knob to adjust deck height and the arms on mower pin to then a shaft that bolts to bottom of tunnel that hydro cylinder attaches 2 that goes to rear clevis. going by memory here I have a 4400 apart I think the 4400 is the same as 4100

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #17  
Just wanted to say thanks for the assist, but I gave up on mounting the mm. In fact, I listed it on Craigslist and got two offers really quick and sold it yesterday. Luckily, I got what I paid for it, minus the frustration of course.

/ will a 72 mid mount mower fit the 4100 #18  
I know this is a really old thread, I ran across trying to find the manual for my 4000 series ( yellow painted not the green ) 72inch mower. Our original 4100 came with a 72 inch mower exactly as the replacement I just picked up ( all parts included $300 ) the original was swiped from use back in 2001 and replaced it witha rear rhino finish mower. But I know for a fact.
that the deck worked on our 4100. We had removed it for use in the garden with plowing and never put it back on..then discovered it gone from the back fields one day. Now I have a replacement and can not find the manual that came with ours back then. FYI This and the original did not use the rear lift arms. Both came with a single hydraulic cylinder for lifting and lowering.