Will a BX handle this?

/ Will a BX handle this? #11  
It'll handle it without any problem. It made short work of my yard project: 40 yds of topsoil, 20,000 lbs of drain rock, and 700 feet of sprinkler pipe.
project1.jpg

/ Will a BX handle this?
awesome! that's a great amount of work, and roughly the size of the yard I'm speaking about. thanks for the photos.

turns out one of the local dealers has a nice used BX23, not a 24. but it has the FEL, BH and MMM. I might give it a look, but I'd really like a 24... decisions, decisions.

/ Will a BX handle this? #13  
Yes it will do the work, and no, you will not want to get rid of it!

I kept my BX22 for about six months after I purchased the L5030. I sold it in the winter time, then when spring rolled around, I had to purchase a riding mower. I bought a very nice John Deere mower, but it is no comaprison to the BX22. I wish I could have kept it, but I needed the money. I dream of one day owing another BX!!

Terry

/ Will a BX handle this? #14  
Since short-term ownership is already in the plan, I would consider checking that BX23 out, it would be much cheaper than a new BX24, and you wouldnt lose much as money selling a purchased used 23 as you would selling a purchased new 24. No need to throw around money, unless you are throwing it at me, then its all good!

/ Will a BX handle this? #15  
I think it will handle your tasks very well. But it just makes me want to cry that you want to trade it in. I'd be willing to bet that after you trade it you will miss it. You will have a little project and will say, "If I just had that BX I could do this so easily". Instead you'll either have to rent a machine or do the job the hard way. You could remove the FEL and BH and use it as a very high quality mower with great potential to do other things. If it were me I'd probably get a BX23 and keep it for mowing later along with a push mower for trim work. I don't know if I can read this thread any longer. It just saddens me that you plan up front to give up your Kubota. Good luck!

/ Will a BX handle this? #16  
im tellin ya, go with that 23
and what the heck, you might as well keep it. If you can afford it anyways...

/ Will a BX handle this?
Glowplug said:
... I don't know if I can read this thread any longer. It just saddens me that you plan up front to give up your Kubota. Good luck!
Ok, ok. let me reconsider the possibility of a trade-in. I'm just concerned that a TLB will be overkill for the property size once all the hard stuff is done. that being said, i'm sure my neighbors can come up with a few hundred tasks for me to help out with!

thanks again for the advice guys, I really appreciate it.

p.s. looks like I just missed a BX24 on ebay that went for $11,500! I can't believe someone got it for that price!!

Here's the link

/ Will a BX handle this? #18  
well, ebay has its ups and downs. Was it local sale only? What was (if offered) the shipping? Sales are usually final and without prior inspection, maybe the machiene had problems?

/ Will a BX handle this? #19  
It will do all that you want and more. After cutting the lawn with an MMM on the BX, you will not want to trade down.

One possibility might be to look for a used BX and to put a Woods BH6000 aftermarket backhoe on it. You might be able to sell the backhoe after all your excavation work is done, and keep the tractor. Any BX can take this backhoe, even the BX1500. For those who doubt this, there is a very long thread started by EricBX1500, showing all the trenches he dug (through roots) with a BH6000 on his BX1500. This little tractor is no longer built, but if you could find one used on eBay or CraigsList for a reasonable price, you might find it the perfect machine to keep for your lawn after the heavy work is done and the no longer needed attachments have been sold off.

/ Will a BX handle this? #20  
njbmwgs said:
Ok, ok. let me reconsider the possibility of a trade-in. I'm just concerned that a TLB will be overkill for the property size once all the hard stuff is done. that being said, i'm sure my neighbors can come up with a few hundred tasks for me to help out with!

thanks again for the advice guys, I really appreciate it.

p.s. looks like I just missed a BX24 on ebay that went for $11,500! I can't believe someone got it for that price!!

Here's the link
This is the fourth summer for my Bx23. Got 850 hours on it since buying it new in 2004.
Still got lots of work planed ahead for it that I probably won't get done this year next year or the next.
Overkill? Hardly!