Will older MM54 fit new CT1021?

/ Will older MM54 fit new CT1021? #1  

Sportfury70

Tractor
Bobcat CT1021
Hello all, first post here. I have a new CT1021 that I ordered a 60 mid mower deck for, but Bobcat won稚 be able to get one to me until August at the earliest.

There is a an older 54 mid mower on CL that I壇 like to pick up, but want to make sure it fits my tractor. Not sure what it came off of, but I知 pretty sure it痴 from the mid-2000s tractors that Bobcat offered.

The model number is MM54, and the serial number is AB4D00288.

Any help is appreciated!

-John in New Hampshire

/ Will older MM54 fit new CT1021?
Don稚 really know why my post has the weird formatting changes, but hopefully you can understand what I知 asking despite the hieroglyphs.

Well that confirms that the older tractor was heavier, slightly bigger in terms of wheelbase, with roughly the same power. Im hoping the lifting points are the same, there痴 no reason for them not to be. Im going to take my tractor and test fit it this weekend, just want to try to avoid the hassle of going all the way out there for nothing if it doesn稚 fit.

Well in case anyone is curious, I found out the answer. The mower will indeed attach, but the driveshaft will not line up with the pto. The driveshaft is at a rather extreme angle and hits the hydraulic filter. Even if it did not hit the filter, the u joints would bind from the gear box being located on the right of the deck, and the pto shaft being on the left of the tractor.

Now we all know.

You could potentially relocate the gear box to the center pulley, but I looks like too much work to make it worthwhile.

Strange because other than the gear box, the lift points all line up perfectly.

Guess I have to wait for Bobcat to make enough mower decks to send me one eventually.