Ballast Will upward force on bottom of ballast box damage 3pt?

/ Will upward force on bottom of ballast box damage 3pt? #11  
Smart decision. I didn't realize from your original post that you had the 3pt. all the way up...

/ Will upward force on bottom of ballast box damage 3pt? #12  
I'd be very worried about doing any kind of jerking motions like that. Could break chain (where are the ends going to pop to?). Could take 3ph up past its stops. Use common sense. Do gentle motions. They can be forceful but gentle. Don't do jerky stuff like taking a running start with a chain or rope or even the FEL. You're not a kid any more tearing stuff apart. This is expensive stuff you're dealing with. Some of that stuff, like breaking chains or falling limbs can kill you.

Ralph

/ Will upward force on bottom of ballast box damage 3pt?
Thank you for your concerns, but there was nothing reckless in what I did or how I did it. The tree is an old wind blown Chinese Elm. I was well within the load limit of the grade 70 chain I was using. Even if the entire tree had fallen it would have landed 20 feet from anything. A double half hitch tied above the largest Y of the limb held fast just like it is meant to. My running start was 12 to 18 inches. Had to keep tension on the chain to hold up the 4x4 block of wood under my ballast box. Shifting up a couple of gears in low range on a 790 is an increase of may be 2 mph?

Some time when the 1456 International field tractor is out of the shed I will grab my 40 feet of 1/2 inch link oilfield chain and remove the branch.

Best regards