win phone 8.1 problems? post them here

/ win phone 8.1 problems? post them here #21  
I'd bet it will be ok. Might even give odds if the reward would be worth the risk...

/ win phone 8.1 problems? post them here #22  
Thanks for the "heads up" Soundguy...
My wife and I both have Nokia Windows phones...
I will stay with the current version until I am required to upgrade...
One thing that we do at the community college I teach at is wait 6 months to a year after the latest and greatest software version comes out...
At that time we review the software for issues and service packs that always come out before upgrading...
After 20 plus years of teaching software and hardware it is probably the best thing we have done at the college...
It does present it's issues at times but our systems and servers run much better this way...

/ win phone 8.1 problems? post them here
well.. got the phone to do the pre update. then there was apparently ANOTHER LARGE pre up date. it trie dit, downloaded it then failed to open the file. I tried it again and it did open it. took 3 hours to download and install . then it grabbed the actual 8.1 update, again. long downlaod, multiple reboots and install time and eventually by about 8am this morning it was ready to use after a quick walk thru and 'fast setup' by 8.1 when it fianlly came up the first time.

Sounds like nokia and win re-tooled the update to 8.1 and broke it in smaller pieces that got applied one at a time vs a big jump from 8.0 to 8.1 which was evidentally causing some failures.