winch for tracked skid steer

/ winch for tracked skid steer #1  
Tractor
2007 T300
does any one have any info on a winch system for a tracked skid steer. Do they go on the front or the back. I got stuck today and really wished I had one. After an hour of shovel work and some logs I got out. Thanks for any info.

/ winch for tracked skid steer #2  
A hydraulic winch would be the way to go, but can be tricky to hook up. We run them on the rear of our cat 287 and tak tl150 on a custom bumper, the cat is intergrated in the hydraulics and you do not have to hook up hoses manually when the winch is used. Our TL150 has hoses that come out the rear door with quick connects, to use the winch we have to hook these hose to the winch and unhook them when done because it uses the same button as our mulcher head does.

An electric winch just doesnt have enough power for these type machines.

I have a ramsey 15000lb winch on the cat and a warn 15000lb on the takeuchi neither one has ever not gotten us unstuck.

/ winch for tracked skid steer
Do you have any pictures of your set up? I need to get something soon. Did you put it on or did your dealer?

/ winch for tracked skid steer #4  
Just a thought depending on situation - how about a hydraulic winch connected to a quick attachment plate. If and when you get stuck just hook up the winch on the front of the machine and connect the two hoses per normal?

With this set up you can control it from the cab, and also get a variety of lift angles - darn near lift the front off the ground.

If you need to winch out and go back wards run the cable under the skid steer and let her rip.

/ winch for tracked skid steer #5  
Here is a pic of my rear mounted winch. The door and base plate was made for winch installation. It's just an inexpensive 12000 lb. Milemarker electric winch. It works O.K. for what it is but I plan to change it to the hydraulic version and put the electric one on my Suzuki Samurai.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 8,042
   / winch for tracked skid steer #6  
Hey Cat, one problem with that. If your stuck you will probably have the mulcher on the front. If you can't move because your stuck you can't move the mulcher to free up the quick attach plate to mount the winch. I only had my tractor stuck once and I was in a retention pond and I knew it was coming. I had the excavator there to try and make a path and used it to pull me out. These tractors will give you good warning when it's too muddy.

/ winch for tracked skid steer #7  
Are the lift arms even capable of taking a 15,000 lb or more pull on them? Especially if it's off at an angle to the side?

And I wouldn't want to have to carry a 15,000 lb rated winch any more than a short distance to mount it on a skid steer.

/ winch for tracked skid steer #8  
why not carry a light tree mounted winch or come along? I'd think 2000 pounds remote winch woukd be enough comined with the treads?

/ winch for tracked skid steer #9  
Charlesaf3 said:
why not carry a light tree mounted winch or come along? I'd think 2000 pounds remote winch woukd be enough comined with the treads?

I don't think so.

/ winch for tracked skid steer #10  
idahohay said:
Here is a pic of my rear mounted winch. The door and base plate was made for winch installation. It's just an inexpensive 12000 lb. Milemarker electric winch. It works O.K. for what it is but I plan to change it to the hydraulic version and put the electric one on my Suzuki Samurai.

Is that a squegee?

My friend has a warn 9000 or 9500 and has always gotten out. Just winch it before you bury it! Hydraulic is great as long as the machine is running. I think a warn 16.5 should pull it out. I used a 8000 lb. warn to pull out a Cat 287c that a Bobcat T300 would not pull out. Use a snatch block if you have to.