Winches Winch install on front of B3200

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #11  
J.J. You beat me to it. Glad to see we have similar ideas.:)

All the top winch manufactures make a haydraulic winch. mile marker is used by the military on hummers, I don't think they make less than 6000# hydraulic, don't know the GPM required...

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #12  
All the top winch manufactures make a haydraulic winch. mile marker is used by the military on hummers, I don't think they make less than 6000# hydraulic, don't know the GPM required...

Milemarker pumps needs 3.5 GPM @ 1500 psi

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #13  
Generally you want your winch capacity at 1.5 times your GVWR. Since the B3200 weighs approx 1800lbs,in theory you'd need a winch of 2700lbs pull or greater.

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #14  
There have been a good number of people that have upgraded the B series tractors to an optional 40 amp alternator just be able to run extra lights. I just don't see how an electric winch on the tractor to pull logs across a creek is going to work.

MarkkV

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #15  
Things to consider:

1. Yes larger cable will be better to a certain point on handling the amp draw. I am not sure what size would be the best, definetly depends on what size of winch you are using. You probably already have a good idea with your jeeps. I assume they are connected straight to the battery.

2. The size of the winch rating is when the cable is pulling from the drum. the more wraps or layers of cable on the drum derates the winch pull capability. So a 4000# winch is probably only good for about 2700# for the first 20 feet or so of cable. Your tractor with loader and BH will probably weight close to 4000#. You can use a snatch block as stated and you will actually get more than double your line pull because you will be spooling off more cable and increasing the winch pull (as long as you are winching something more than 10 feet away). However, to get the full 4000# pull you would have to unspool enough cable to get down to the drum. So if you had 80' of cable you would have to unspool approximately 60' of cable to get a full 4000# pull.

I believe your tractor front frame would handle a winch mounted to it just fine as long as you are not trying to pull your tractor thru a block wall. I believe your tractor will slide before you can pull hard enough to damage anything especially on flat ground. Not to say you couldn't get into a situation and with a big enough winch that you couldn't rip an axle off or tear the frame up. You probably know from your jeeps that with that much power things can be broken and it comes down to the operator. If you are really concerned about tearing up the tractor then be sure to down size the winch so it does not have the capability to do so. As stated above a 4000# winch can be setup to get 8000# of pull or only have 2700# of pull. This is a big range and always requires operator evaluation and care.

Good Luck, visited Helen once on a motorcycle loved the N Ga. Mount. ! I am on my 4th jeep now started with an 85 cj7 don't really offroad though :(, someday. :)

/ Winch install on front of B3200
I'm about 1.5 hours from Tellico Plains, which is where I used to ride mostly...but I've been all over these parts. Jeeps are as much fun as this 3200 is going to be! You'll have to let me know if you are ever down this way again....we can ride some forest service roads just to let you see some of the country...and I'll show you my winch setup by then.....lol

I'm not too concerned with anything other than the electronics of this new little tractor. I want to make sure I isolate as much as I can. Once I get the tractor in front of me, I can figure it out. The nice thing about winching, is the fact that you don't have to tear up turf spinning the tires. I can drag the trees, but I'm trying to be as low impact as I can. It'll get cleaned up with or without the winch. I've also had to pull many a calf with a winch where I couldn't pull it by myself. So, I use mine for as much as I can.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever had the same idea at some point, and followed thru with it. I'll study it more and follow up with everyone here once the tractor is here.

Let me know if you ever think about heading this way Jeff.

The other Jeff....

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #17  
Good luck, whatever you decide lets see some pics. :D

/ Winch install on front of B3200 #18  
Imajeepnut, didn't realize you were in the Helen area. We live in the western part of the state but have a house near Clermont, south of you off of SR129.

MarkV

/ Winch install on front of B3200
Hey Mark,

I'm in Clarkesville....but everyone knows where Helen is so I use that as a landmark. Hollar at me in here next time you will be out my way and we can meet up if you like. That's pretty country over where you are too.

Jeff