Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #1  

plowhog

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1710 / 1758, Ventrac 4500Y / TD9
I replaced an aging PC yesterday with a new one.

Since then I periodically get a notice when browsing TBN that the site is unsafe and I should not proceed. It's not happening with any other sites.

Attachments

• Unsafe.jpg
    Unsafe.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 54
   / Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #2  
What does it say when you click on "more information"?

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #3  
I got this message the other day with an obnoxious alarm. I had to sign out of my laptop to stop it. I had clicked on Amazon prime.

I didn't ask for more information. I considered it an intrusion and just wanted out. Didn't even click OK.

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe
What does it say when you click on "more information"?
I clicked the back button. Next time I will click more info and see what it says.

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #5  
They are right! TBN can get you to spend way more money than you intended on stuff you didn't even know you needed. Probably should have warning labels.

:)

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #7  
I've been using Defender for many years and its never had an issue with the TBN site.

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #8  
I've been using Defender for many years and its never had an issue with the TBN site.
I'd never had a problem with Amazon Prime before either but it did that day. The next day I tried going to the same site and it popped up again. I quit using that entry and access Amazon thru a different portal and don't have any problems.

I'm not clicking on anything once I get that notice. I consider that click bait and put myself at risk. And on my laptop it doesn't even do any good to turn the computer off and back on. Only way I can stop it is to "sign off" and then sign back in. Go figure.....

/ Windows Defender reporting TBN as unsafe #10  
Some sites are becoming unusable even from all the ads. The drive is unusable on mobile without ad block

This site isnt too bad but on a computer, ad block is a must have