Wing Plow

/ Wing Plow #51  
A quality build lives on.
You wouldn't know the approximate radius of the blade would you? The radius of the angles they rolled the blade plate to?
TIA.

/ Wing Plow
rfc143
I do not know off the top of my head what the radius angles are for the blade.
Tomorrow, I'll see what measurements I can get off of it.. and let you know.
iirc the leading width was 12" and the trailing width was 24" but will confirm that with some measurements.
So far this winter have not had the wing plow on. Close, but then warmer temps prevailed and snow nearly gone.
thanks for the kudo's..

/ Wing Plow
rfc143
The radius is approx 17.5", calculated from my measurements on the wide end. The chord from edge to edge is 23", and the segment from the chord to the blade is 2.75". There are bends every 1/12 of the width, so 11 bends total. Blade is 8' long.

/ Wing Plow
Well after two winters without a need for the blade, this winter we've had a couple 7+ inches and have used the blade again.
Pic after the first one this year..

Since then (brother asked for a video) got hold of a GoPro cam and am in the "process" of learning how to run the GoPro, and drive at the same time. Fastened the GoPro to the top of my helmet but took the entire video with the camera pointing down too much and lost a lot of the effect of what was happening. So a redo is in order. Also, in the middle of a video of how easy it is to hook it up, and take it down.

Appreciate the nice comments, but this was one of those rare projects that just seemed to fall in place..

Attachments

• Plow_winging.jpg
    Plow_winging.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
   / Wing Plow #55  
Very nice piece of workmanship. Your only limitation to the operations would be the overall weight of your tractor. However - your pic shows that the unit DOES move a significant amount of snow.

/ Wing Plow #56  
It sure looks handy. I'm looking forward to the video.