Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
Ran across this news story. I sometimes? wonder about people.
Think this story says a lot about some peple. :eek:

A millionaire in Michigan is collecting food stamps after winning the lottery. “Amanda Clayton, a 24-year-old from Lincoln Park, Michigan . . . is getting away with it. Clayton won $1 million from the Michigan State Lottery this fall, but she is still collecting and using $200 a month in food assistance from the taxpayers with her Michigan Bridge Card. ‘I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working,’ the lottery winner who just purchased a new house and car told Local 4 in Detroit. The station even filmed her shamelessly purchasing goods. When Local 4 asked if she felt she had a right to the money, Clayton responded, ‘I mean I kinda do.’” “‘I have bills to pay,” she said. “I have two houses.”

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #2  
That's a crock of $%^# ! I'm sure someone more deserving could use the stamps ! How about an elderly vet ? That chaps my you know what .

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #3  
and the people who really need it cant get it. go fiqure

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #4  
Everyone always wanting a handout and we wonder why the country is falling apart:confused2:

kinda like that college student wanting here "pills" paid for because she didnt make enough working part time to afford them. As if the scholarships that are paying for her free ride at law school to get a $200k/year job arent enough:confused2:

Some people. :mad:

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #5  
What a crock of sh**. Bad enough she used tax payers money to buy the lottery ticket. Still fleecing the government. Hopefully they can fine her and make her pay back the money she has been stealing from the government since she won the lottery.

This is as much a problem in this country as our leaders, people think they are entitled and have no shame.

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #6  
What a crock of sh**. Bad enough she used tax payers money to buy the lottery ticket. Still fleecing the government. Hopefully they can fine her and make her pay back the money she has been stealing from the government since she won the lottery.

This is as much a problem in this country as our leaders, people think they are entitled and have no shame.

That brings up an excellent point. Too ***** poor to buy her own food, but can go out and buy a lottery ticket????

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #7  
She was cut off from food assistance. She would pay higher taxes this year except that President Bush's tax cuts are still in effect. So instead of getting a few thousand in food stamps she is getting tens and tens of thousands in tax cut benefits.

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #8  
LD1 said:
kinda like that college student wanting here "pills" paid for because she didnt make enough working part time to afford them. As if the scholarships that are paying for her free ride at law school to get a $200k/year job arent enough:confused2:

Some people. :mad:

Too bad they don't have "pills" to inoculate the easily manipulated from the hate pushed out by reactionary talk radio. The Rush Limpbaugh characterized '****' was fighting for coverage for a woman who could not afford birth control pills to treat a condition that, because she couldn't get coverage, lost an ovary.

And most students don't have a dime to spare except those who are the children of the 1% who are coupon clippers. If they go on to make $200k after they graduate they can count on lower taxes thanks to the folks who probably get your vote.

Play again?

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #9  
Too bad they don't have "pills" to inoculate the easily manipulated from the hate pushed out by reactionary talk radio. The Rush Limpbaugh characterized '****' was fighting for coverage for a woman who could not afford birth control pills to treat a condition that, because she couldn't get coverage, lost an ovary.

And most students don't have a dime to spare except those who are the children of the 1% who are coupon clippers. If they go on to make $200k after they graduate they can count on lower taxes thanks to the folks who probably get your vote.

Play again?

So you think we should have higher taxes on the wealthier (the ones who took risks, had an idea, and worked hard to fulfill their dream), AND....

More hand outs to lower income?????

THATS socalism. And certainly NOT where I want the country to go.

Dont get me wrong, I dont know ALL of the circumstances EVERY time AND I am ALL for helping those who CANT help themselves.

What I am against is helping those who WONT help themselves. I know there are many that need AND deserve the handout. But I think we ALL know that there are FAR too many that dont.

/ Wins 1 million dollars and collects food stamps #10  

Play again?

So these women can't afford the pill for $9 month at walmart?? Yea right...

Would you like to compare what Rush said to what Maher spews regularly?