Winter 2018-19

/ Winter 2018-19
I know what you mean I have blow another $180.00 dollars for the JD/(RAD Canada) junk as they shipped this attachment without all the parts which I found out about from the good folks at Cazenovia equipment.
The RAD people certainly excel at building junk attachments for lawn mowers as they send it with metric nuts and bolts and the owners manuals are a joke as they are poorly printed with very little fine detail. Just as an example the 2 tension springs are ment to be connected to snubber pulley arm and the drawing do not even show that as the springs are simply out in the open with no detail.

It takes four hours to change the driven belt on this thing as well as you have to remove the cross brace after you unbolt the carier bearing for the impeller and it takes forever to push and pull and pound it out of the frame. I am just going to cut the cross brace in half with my sawzall so I can cut the amount of time it takes to change the driven belt if it fails.

The chute and spout are made of poor injection plastic with very low strength and it does not take much to put a hole in it when you are cleaning the end of driveway monster.

They do not even have bearings that can be greased on this thing either and as the trade in value is $100.00 according to the locals its not worth much.

At least buying the parts I need from the Green Parts Store will cost me much less money as the V belts for this bloody thing are all most $200.00 with tax and shipping from the locals and I do not have to hear "you get what you pay for".
Spending the over $3,400.00 USD 7 years ago on what I thought was quality lawn tractor was a big mistake.
I bought the snow plow attachment last year for it to dig out the mulch and wood mess out back and to have a back up for the snow blower if it breaks and it did not even do that at all well and I gave up as I need to use the lawn mower and I had to mount the mower back on the LA115.

I guess I will keep using it until it croaks as I cannot afford to buy a Yamaha 1028 or 1332 2-stage snow blower yet.

/ Winter 2018-19 #22  
You know it's July when you go to the Home Depot nearby and they have a 12hp two stage snowblower on 75% clearance for $164. Yes, not a typo.

Steve check your Home depots for the clearance isle snowblowers. It's time. (I bought one last year for $200 for my daughter's house. A 8hp two stage worked great was brand new previous year model)