Winter Clothing

/ Winter Clothing #1  

Magnum3252

Tractor
2017 JD 1025R
What are you guys wearing for snow blowing without a cab? (Yes I didn't buy a cab because I also mow with the tractor) I'm thinking of the Carharrt Yukon Jacket & Bibs or Coveralls.. I live in the northern tip of NY... pretty much southern Ontario, Canada... It gets **** cold and we get snow!

Mike

/ Winter Clothing #2  
I wear Schmidt insulated bib overalls with thermal shirt and carhartt jacket, work boots or mukluks, insulated gloves and hat. Not as comfy as heated cab but I never did have one of those.

/ Winter Clothing #3  
My "break point" is zero degrees F. Warmer than zero - - thermal underwear, Carhartt jacket, Carhartt pants, Muck boots, leather mitts with wool liners, wool stocking hat.

Below zero - I'm retired, I will reconsider even going outside. If I go - Eddie Bauer down pants, Eddie Bauer down jacket with down hood, Eddie Bauer down gloves, Kamic insulated boots.

When its below zero - I SELDOM go outside for fun and recreation - it had better be a quite serious situation.

It VERY SELDOM blows when the temps are zero or below around here. Above zero - Kattie, hold on to your hat!!!

/ Winter Clothing #4  
I just bought a cab this year so I no longer have to go outside like the stay puff marshmallow man. Since I live on top of a hill/mountain, we get crazy cross winds in the winter. In addition to the insulated overalls that everyone else wears with thermals and boots/gloves, I also was wearing a balaclava and a knit/woven hat over top of that. The balaclava keeps my face from getting wind burnt or frostbite.

/ Winter Clothing #5  
I recommend goggles in addition to warm clothing. I have 2 pair, one with a tinted lens for sunny conditions and one with clear for evening plowing. If the wind is blowing while you're plowing or blowing you will thank me. Any cheap insulted coveralls work for me. A good ski mask and neck cover is a must also. I usually have a pretty good sweat worked up by the time I get back in the house.

Kevin

/ Winter Clothing #6  
Hayseed - - I resemble that remark. Only I look like the stay puff marshmallow man in OD(Eddie Bauer) winter wear. What the heck - I look like the stay puff marshmallow man is summer wear also. Ha, ha

/ Winter Clothing #7  
I’m generally not a cab tractor fan, but I don’t blow snow either. Have you looked into a temporary soft cab?

/ Winter Clothing #8  
I wear a heated cab on my tractor when pushing snow in winter. I also wear an A/C cab while mowing in summer.

If I have to be outside in winter for any real length of time, then it's Carhart expedition grade insulated bibs and hooded jacket. Also a wool knit baklava for face, and expedition grade gloves on hands.

Yeah, it gets cold here in winter. -40 F and winds up to 40 mph, which can kill you if you're out in it too long. Frost bite to exposed skin in minutes (like 2 or 3 min).

But that's what heated cabs are for.

/ Winter Clothing #9  
Carharrt Bib Arctic cover- alls, warm insulated gloves and high muck boots, sometimes the attached hood and sometimes a Bomber rabbit fur hat is the ticket for our Adirondack winters here.
DevilDog

/ Winter Clothing #10  
I do layers, mostly carhartt. Hooded sweatshirt. insulated bib overalls. Jacket w/ hood. I found the carhartt raindefender sweatshirt have taller zipper to keep snow out of neck. Good boots, socks and gloves. Neck gaiter and glasses for when the wind kicks up.

Open and peel layers as needed as warm up while working.

Couple sets so one can dry while you go back out to battle the evil white crud again.

I know the Potsdam snow and cold. I went to college there. Plus a few more decades of visiting my in-laws. We will be traveling back there in couple weeks to hopefully finish up FIL's estate.