Winter should be outlawed !!!

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #1  

Temp97

Bronze Member
It's killing me to view these posts and see pics of members with their outdoor projects and I haven't turned the key on my 7800 since November and probably won't until late April when I can move around the property without doing more damage. I know it's my fault for living where I do but man it is tough. Next winter I pledge not to view TBN for the sake of my sanity;) .

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #2  
It's desperate times like this Temp97, that you need to take that tractor out to get the mail, paper, haul the trash cans out, inspect the street, just about anything to get a little seat time. Believe me, we've all been there. Fortunately, I've been getting enough snow to keep me satisfied but if it weren't for that I'd be making some practice laps. Hang in there, we're all pullin' for you!

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #3  
You're in Western NY and you're not busy removing feet of snow on a daily basis? What's wrong?

For me, between snow removal and selling hay, I'm keeping the tractor busy.

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #4  
Z-Michigan said:
You're in Western NY and you're not busy removing feet of snow on a daily basis? What's wrong?

For me, between snow removal and selling hay, I'm keeping the tractor busy.

I also live in WNY, about 15 miles south of Buffalo, and we've seemed to have missed all the major storms. There is snow on the ground but no snow plowing activity, at least no piles to push back or major accumulation that would require real machinery.

jmf

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #5  
Robs, you make several good points, and thank you for pointing out that it is perfectly OK to drive the tractor to get the mail, take out the trash cans, and any other thing that you can do with a tractor to get seat time.

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #6  
Temp97 said:
It's killing me to view these posts and see pics of members with their outdoor projects and I haven't turned the key on my 7800 since November and probably won't until late April when I can move around the property without doing more damage. I know it's my fault for living where I do but man it is tough. Next winter I pledge not to view TBN for the sake of my sanity;) .

If your close to Byron haul that monster over and plow my 650 ft driveway. Should take you at least 2 hours to do. That will help me and you the way I see it.

Instant therapy.

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #7  
Haven't you heard, we are in a global cooling down year. It might be July before you can get seat time.:rolleyes:

"Now there is word that all four major global temperature tracking outlets have released data showing that temperatures have dropped significantly over the last year. California meteorologist Anthony Watts says the amount of cooling ranges from 65-hundredths of a degree Centigrade to 75-hundreds of a degree.
That is said to be a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years. It is reportedly the single fastest temperature change ever recorded up or down.
Some scientists contend the cooling is the result of reduced solar activity which they say is a larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases." - FOXNews.com - Evidence of Global Cooling - Brit Hume | Special Report

I may have to start a winter tractor therapy retreat on the farm for the Northern TBNers.
Today - 65 and sunny.

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #8  
txdon said:
I may have to start a winter tractor therapy retreat on the farm for the Northern TBNers.
Today - 65 and sunny.

Sure, you may have the warm weather but we have no bugs, no spiderwebs, no snakes, no crowds, no weeds...

(Years ago a buddy and I were tent-bound in a blizzard for days on a mountain. We came up with a very long list of advantages to winter camping. Yes, we were bored.)

/ Winter should be outlawed !!!
I was just in Houston last week visiting my daughter. 78-80 degrees, I fly back to Buffalo and it's 25. It only added to my madness!!

/ Winter should be outlawed !!! #10  
Temp97,
Good post! It sure is opening my eyes to things I could have been doing with my tractors; but Brrrrrrrrrr, it was 5 degrees this morning with a 22 mph north wind. After hauling in some firewood all I wanted to do was sit and watch it burn.
:)