winterizing the tractor

/ winterizing the tractor #11  
I live in SC and own a JD 5065e, MFWD. 1st year owner going into 1st Fall/Winter. My tractor is under a shed with no rain or sun hitting it but exposed to changing temperatures and humidity. Our winters are not like up North but it can get in low 20s (or high teens) in January. Is it necessary to do much more than use a fuel additive and blocking clutch? Does blocking clutch make spring weaker?

/ winterizing the tractor #12  
I live in SC and own a JD 5065e, MFWD. 1st year owner going into 1st Fall/Winter. My tractor is under a shed with no rain or sun hitting it but exposed to changing temperatures and humidity. Our winters are not like up North but it can get in low 20s (or high teens) in January. Is it necessary to do much more than use a fuel additive and blocking clutch? Does blocking clutch make spring weaker?

Temperature changes aren't going to hurt your tractor and blocking the clutch won't wear out those springs. Do use an additive in the fuel, ensure your antifreeze is up to snuff.
Also, protect your tractor from rodents.

/ winterizing the tractor #13  

Is yours a Dry Clutch? If not don't worry about it. Use winter Diesel and white power additive

/ winterizing the tractor #15  
I have been watching this thread. Is there any need to block up the tractor to get the weight off the tires? Or maybe inflate them to maximum pressure for storage?

/ winterizing the tractor #16  
I have been watching this thread. Is there any need to block up the tractor to get the weight off the tires? Or maybe inflate them to maximum pressure for storage?

I never have done either...3 tractors over 13, almost 14 years.

/ winterizing the tractor #17  
This is getting Crazy. I bought my 1967 Massey that was left outside from Day one. well at least he parked it on stones.