Wire Welder Question

/ Wire Welder Question #11  
Is this the first time you tried running .035 in the machine? If your liner is sized for .023-.030 and you try to run .035 wire through it, that would give you the symptoms you describe. There is no way to check the liner size without pulling it out.

Joe

/ Wire Welder Question #12  
That rusty wire is going to cost you a new liner.
You need to change out the liner. It is not hard nor expensive.

/ Wire Welder Question
Unfortunately I know the liner is sized for .035, because I just put it in less than 6 months ago. Like I said earlier, everything was working fine until I ran the old wire through. The old roll was one that had been in the shop for a long time and was still in plastic. The bad thing is I don't use enough wire to keep the roll from going bad, and in an unheated shop, condensation is a problem. Guess I'll have to start taking the roll off and bringing it in the house to keep dry. Guess it's a lesson learned.

/ Wire Welder Question #14  
If a new liner is really $10 then dont read any further
but I just saw a rust disolving liquid product at Princess auto today ( U.S. Harbour frieght) Was about $10-15. But like the WD-40 it would leave some impuritys

/ Wire Welder Question #15  
Wlen you get done welding remove the spool of wire and put it in a ziploc bag .
Bill

/ Wire Welder Question #16  
Wlen you get done welding remove the spool of wire and put it in a ziploc bag .
Bill
And put a small cloth bag of dehydrated milk in with it. Cheap man's desecant.

or if you're like me you never toss the bags of desecant that come with most items shipped from overseas just dry one out in a warm oven and put that in.

/ Wire Welder Question #17  
Little bit off topic but regarding the desecant bags,

For your compressor, by a big filter housing and fill it with these desecant balls to take out any moisture, will help your plasma cutter. (water filter housings are mostly 8 bar resistant and hold more than 1 liter volume)

Put the filter after the normal water separator and it will take out the last moisture. Much cheaper than a drying installation.

We use it in our coating rooms and it was a lucky found but especially a very handy (color change indicates status of saturation) and cheap one (descant in oven and you can re-use it).

just 2 cents of info.

Zip lock bag is a golden tip!

:)

/ Wire Welder Question
Thanks for all the tips. I hadn't heard about the dry milk before

/ Wire Welder Question #20  
I have used one of them food saver vacuum sealers with good success, although only the 2lb rolls only fit.