Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers?

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers?
You might check around here and there are many of us that have broken game cameras that might be willing to send them to you to use as decoys and then set up one to take pics of the SOB’s taking the broken camera. I am pretty sure they are not checking out the camera until they are long gone from your property.
Just a thought.

Wayne

I had two cameras posted on either side of the open field pointing at each other with the hopes that if anyone came through the field one of the cameras would pick them up. The one camera was stolen, but the other never triggered. Nice thought on broken cameras, I appreciate your offer. Will PM.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #12  
Your post reminded me of my desire to get some game/security camera. I noticed this security box for game cameras. I don't know how robust or effective they are, but something to consider. Or you could fab up something like it even stronger.

Bushnell® HD Security Case : Cabela's

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #13  
If you get a man's goat, you'd better be prepared for him to justifiably mad at you.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #14  
Investigate if your state has adopted "castle doctrine" and what all their version entails. Some states are very lenient in what you can get away with in defense of yourself, others, and your property. Some even prevent your aggressor or their family from seeking retribution. This doesn't apply to "booby traps", but when crooks are as creative and brash as they are these days, sometimes we must be as well. If someone messes around my place and ends up with half their face missing and the other half full of rock salt or the likes, I did it. Me, myself, and I... Ain't no danged booby traps. Prove otherwise, innocent till proven guilty I am... Please note this is hypothetical.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #15  
Now I am not here to promote Moultrie cams but all my cams can send me instant photo's as they take them to my cell phone or computer .I just cannot do it or I would cause we live so far out in the sticks we don't get ATT service in our are area plus you have to pay to join a some kind of service. As I type this now I have 4 cams that I brought in for new batteries or I could use solar with these cams.

Yesterday me and the wife went cam hunting cause they are so well camouflaged that I can't find them but with a small map I kind of know where they are. For me when I set up all my cams they overlap each other incase somebody was to mess with one and that must be the military in me when it come to planning.

I can not vouch for Moultrie because I have not used it but whoever took you goat should be hung just like a horse thief. As a kid growing up on a ranch/farms I remember eating my captain crunch in warm goats milk and it was so good.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #16  
Army, you can get satellite Internet pretty much anywhere.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #17  
Egbert we do but when the weather is bad we will lose everything. Computer and TV

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #18  
But isn't weather that kills your signal rather rare? I use Dish Network (just for TV) but outages are very few and generally short duration.

Regardless, if you created your own local wireless network, you could still record 24x7 video or images, and run an alarm system. If your Internet connection dies temporarily, you can still be logging data.

I'll be looking into this more next year for my own property, as I'll be needing wireless up to 1/2 mile. For a place to start, you might try Home | Ayrstone I haven't used their products but it looks like a decent system.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #19  
No Egbert we also have dish and yes we always lose our signal when it rains or snows witch is rare but it does happen here in Alabama. One year we are praying we can get cable so we can keep up with the weather during tornado season.

/ Wireless trail camera to catch thieves/trespassers? #20  
In WV we need "southern facing skies" for satellite services. In WV that depends on which side of a mountain you are on. :)