WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ?

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #1  

WhyNot

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I have been looking at them and was wondering if any one owns one and if they are worth the $.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #2  
Even the moderately-priced ones work well. I spent about $80-90 on one for my dad and he loves it. Wireless function works good and he hasn't had to replace the batteries after more than a year of constant use. It's been long enough that I don't remember the brand or model, but if you search online you will find a bunch of them. The more functions and measurements, the higher the cost.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #3  
Bought a wireless Davis top of the line for an excellent price off E-Bay brand new in the box. It has worked excellent for almost a year now.
Dale

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #4  
I have had the Davis Vantage Pro weather station for a couple of years now. Got an extra console so my son could have one in his room also. Had a few reception/interference problems at first, but finally got that straightened out and have not had any other issues. Still running off the original batterys. It tracks just about everything you could think of pertaining to the weather.
Is it worth the $? I guess if you enjoy tracking weather facts it is worth it.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #5  
I have the Midland WR-300. If you have seen any of the national news coverage, you'll know that weather radios like this have saved numerous lives in my hometown Evansville, IN. We have had 2 major tornados in the last 4 weeks that killed dozens of people and destroyed hundreds and hundreds of homes and businesses. One was an F3 and one was an F4. If you buy a weather alarm radio, make sure that you get a weather radio that has S.A.M.E. technology. That allows you to choose the warnings you want to hear by county.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #6  
I got one for christmas last year that came from LL Bean (but was made by La Crosse Technology)... I love it except it does not give you outside humidity.. It was around $50 - $60... Although not that important, sometime I would love to get a wireless rain guage.

good luck

brian

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #7  
If all you need is Temp, Pressure, Humidity and Time. Give the Oregon Scientific BAR608HGA a look. I have had one for a year. It works great. You can get it Here for $29 including shipping.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #8  
Last Christmas I got a LaCrosse color weather station with wireless remotes. The remotes crapped out pretty quickly and were not accurate when they did work. You could set 2 of them 10' apart and get totally different readings! At about 90 days old they pretty much gave up the ghost. So I ended up with a fancy color screen base station that told me the time and temperature, but that is not what I needed/wanted and I ended up tossing the whole thing in the trash. Just my experience with the LaCrosse brand, but I could not recommend it to anyone but an enemy.

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ?
Bob thanks for the heads up LaCrosse was the brand I was looking at and to all the other replies thanks I will take a look at the Davis brand

/ WIRELESS WEATHER STATION ? #10  
I have a remote wireless thermometer by Ohio Scientific. Paid about $15 a year ago and it works fine, even getting readings from a receiver outside through the metal skin of the building I live in.