wiring info

/ wiring info #1  

hkc3

Tractor
craftsman rider
Hi, I got an old cub cadet a while back and am in process of fixing all problems, its a 12.5 hp, 38lt,hydro, i had to replace the ignition switch and thought i put all wires on corresponding plugs, no such luck, ive got it running,but its not right, ive got black hot, on B [on back of ig. switch}, ground on G, start on S, coil on M-which is grounded when key is off and open with key on, what i have left is 1 wire from safety switches--deck & blade engage, its yellow, also wire from {stator} under flywheel, all i have left on ignition switch is L which is open w/key off and gnd when key is on. Does the stator go on B to recharge batt ?, is the start wire ran through safety switches to prevent start when switches are open. Also i would like to change the hydrl oil which is old but cant find out from dealer the fill amount, the tank is full to the top which doesnt seem rite even though it drives good. Thanks for all your help.

/ wiring info #2  
HKC,

Is the model a 38lt? After doing a quick search, I'm thinking that's the size of the deck. If you can give me a model/series number, I might be able to find a manual for you.

Thanks,
Greg

/ wiring info
ser. #193316, model# 131232100, not sure if i can interprit diagram in manual but i'll give it a try

/ wiring info #5  
Okay if I interpreted your model number right you have a 1320. Here's the wiring diagram for that.

1320_Wiring.jpg

Let me know if you need help reading the diagram.

/ wiring info #6  
Here's the full shop manual that covers the following lawn tractors.

805, 1015, 1020, 1105, 1110, 1215, 1220, 1315, 1320, 1405, 1415, 1420, 1605, 1610, 1615, 1620, 1715 and 1720

Shop Manual

/ wiring info
Thank you very much, its pretty easy to read, the only thing im not sure about is A on the keyswitch, my new switch has a G instead, i assumed it was gnd, its open w/key on/off. On the diagram it looks like both black [frm ammeter] and red [frm alternator] go on B, but the red is close to A also. I would think it would go on B to recharge the battery when started. But i want to make sure. Also doesnt the keyswitch need to be grounded. Again; thank you for the help.

/ wiring info
Yes except it has a G instead of an A, The G on the new switch has continuity with the M with key/off but not with key on and No continuity with any other . Everything is right except where power from alternator needs to go when mower is running!!

/ wiring info #10  
The newer switches have the "G" terminal for ground because of plastic dashboards. If I remember correctly the "A" terminal on the old switches was for the alternator and was switched so that there wasn't power to the alternator when the key was switched off. You should be alright connecting the alternator wire to the "B" battery terminal.