WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR

/ WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR
Okay picked up the switch today tractor parts store up here had one of the ford 7 post 5 position switch. Okay now all I need is to find out how to hook the **** thing up. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THAT PART OF THIS EQUASION? NEED TO KNOW WHAT WIRE GOES TO WHAT POST. THANKS GUYS !!!!

/ WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR #22  
Sounds like you don't have a wiring diagram. So first you need to determine which of the dangling wires goes where. The fat one is pretty simple, it's usually battery for the switch - it's coming from the ammeter. The others will be connected to the fuse box, to the glow plugs, and to the clutch interlock switch (and eventually the starter solenoid). So your first job is to trace those wires out and label all four. If you've got a 5th, it might be for aux lighting or something. Cross that bridge if you get to it.

Step two is to ohm out the switch. Do you own a multimeter?

//greg//

Sounds like you don't have a wiring diagram. So first you need to determine which of the dangling wires goes where. The fat one is pretty simple, it's usually battery for the switch - it's coming from the ammeter. The others will be connected to the fuse box, to the glow plugs, and to the clutch interlock switch (and eventually the starter solenoid). So your first job is to trace those wires out and label all four. If you've got a 5th, it might be for aux lighting or something. Cross that bridge if you get to it.

Step two is to ohm out the switch. Do you own a multimeter?

//greg//

Okay you got me I do need a wiring diagram. And yes I own a mulimeter its a Fluke 337A.. lol Sorry I havent been here lately I have been dealing with snow up to my yingyang. Okay Greg. Do you happen to have a wiring diagram that you could send ??? I havent unhooked the other switch yet and I am really sure I can find/trace all the wires. If you could please get back to me asap it sucks shoveling and using a lawnmower to clear an 950ft driveway lol. thanks If anyone else might have the diagram of which I speak it would help a $h*t Load!!! thanks

/ WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR #24  
Sorry, if it actually was a Jinma - you'd get plenty of help. But finding a member with a wiring diagram for a Rhino is likely gonna be tough. I'd have to once again recommend Farm Boys. Just break down and buy a set of manuals for that thing.

But in the mean time, identify each of the wires connected to the existing switch. At a minimum there should be a fat one that carries 12v to the switch. Then another should go the the fuse box, a third to the glow plugs, and a fourth to the starter solenoid. If there's a fifth, it's likely for an auxiliary circuit of some kind.

When you have those wires identified and marked, remove the old switch. Then come back here (or email) and I'll help you use the Fluke to figure out where they hook up to on the new switch.

//greg//

/ WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR #25  
I couldn't afford to buy manuals after I purchased a Fluke 337A. :laughing:

I bought it through my old job and got it for cheap I mean real cheap and nope its not stolen. I bought it used from the electrican lol he got a new Fluke that also reads HVAC Temps.

/ WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR #27  

Well Thank you sir.

Just to update anyone who reads this thread I have found 4 things done wrong on this tractor.
1. The wiring is BS. To many **** wires to run a very few things and most of them are just BS.
2. The fuse panel is crap even for a 1995. So I have replaced it with a new up todate fuse panel.
3. Who ever dicided to put a clutch safety switch on these **** things was a moron, haven't these ppl ever head of a dead mans switch??? Pressure switch you have to sit on in order to start... Cause I can tell you one thing. It wouldnt be ripped off by a stump, rock, branch or anything else that could hit the bottom of your foot board!!!
4. These things sure are a pain in the ***** to work on when its cold outside and you cant get it in the barn LOL ....

Greg_G I just want to thank you for all your help on this tractor. But I do need you to get me a wiring diagram for the ford switch. I cant seem to find one on here if you posted it to n e body.

Everyone else all I can say is you were right if I had only looked in the simpliest spot to begin with I could hae save time and money but I had to spend time and money to figure it out and re-wire it the correct way. Thanks guys for all your help. I am going to fade into the background now and I will post every so often to say hi and thanks.