Wish I had camera with me

/ Wish I had camera with me #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
A friend of mine has a farm and was on his way home one night a short while back. Told me he was going past his neighbours farm and something caught his eye. Looked and there was a Chevy Suburban out in the field. Looked again and realized it was pulling the disc, plowing the field. Who needs a tractor when you can have air conditioning, stereo and bring the whole family along :D

/ Wish I had camera with me #2  
LOL. Now that is funny.. I would have loved to have seen that also. Probably sucked back the fuel tho, but a good idea non the less.

So how are things Shaun?? You keeping busy??

/ Wish I had camera with me #3  
It's not quite a disc, but there is a farmer down the road from here that uses an old Geo Tracker (or Suzuki Sidekick, they're both the same) to pull a nice size sprayer. Don't think it has air and you sure can't take the family along. :D

/ Wish I had camera with me #4  
The other day I noticed a flat-fendered Jeep parked behind a barn that was hooked up to a hay rake...Cool.

/ Wish I had camera with me #5  
I used to bale hay as a kid and the nut I worked for pulled his hay rake with a Jeep just like Lunk.

Chris

/ Wish I had camera with me #6  
I knew a hose guy that had a pasture and arrena drag and he pulled it with his truck!

soundguy

/ Wish I had camera with me #7  
Some years ago,( late 1960's) I bought my wife a 1960 Land Rover. The old model with the spare tire bolted on the hood and headlights inside the fenders next to the grill. It came with a listing of the farm implements made to hook up to the unit. It had a big hole in the rear bumper for a PTO shaft, and top speed was 50 in high range 4th gear and 15 in low range 4th gear.

/ Wish I had camera with me #8  
I happen to have in my too do stash
a 1953 flat fender jeep with a PTO and a 3 pt
a really wierd 3 pt but I know it worked
I personally used this 35 yrs ago to pull a sickle mower
and a swather ran grain augers with it
and the last job it did was bush hogging on CRP acreage till the tranny toasted

/ Wish I had camera with me #9  
I grew up on the farm with a JD 420 and 1020 Tractor and the 71 Ford F250 360V8 4WD and used the F250 to pull the 12' disc, hay rake and wagons loaded with hay. The F250 lacked PS so i learned early on to have a good grip on the wheel discing a plowed field.

The 71 F250 is a tank in 4LO with the solid Dana front and rear axles and would easily carry 2+tons of feed or pull a disc - its still running today!

/ Wish I had camera with me #10  
We had a 1964 Landrover pickup with the same pto takeoff. Never used it for that but we did pull trees around with ours. Wish I still had that around now. Anyone know where there's any at ?

Steve (Pittsburgh, Pa)