Wish I had R4 tires

/ Wish I had R4 tires #11  
I've got turf tires front and rear on my 955, sure would be nice with something else, we just got 13" of snow here. It didn't do too bad, but still leaves a bit to be desired.

Paul

/ Wish I had R4 tires #12  
i have R4's and for most of my work (including snow removal) they are fine. but when i am into loose or wet dirt i sure do wish i had ag's, i guess it just proves that no mattter which tire u have at one time or another u will wish u had something else.

/ Wish I had R4 tires #13  
naw, I have Ags on my L3010 and haven't wished for anything else. I mow, plow,till, pull, and brush hog. As long I don't mow in 4WD I've never torn up my yard.

I had to make my dealer go out and find the Ags. It had turfs on the lot. He tried really hard to talk me into the turfs and chains. But after reading here, I knew better.

Mark

/ Wish I had R4 tires #14  
<font color=blue>But after reading here, I knew better.</font color=blue>
You guys have me teetering but I guess I'm a hard case. The loaded os turf tires WILL get me into and out of any areas being worked. Maybe it's just how you work with what you have. The majority of what I "have to do" is mow grass. Often it is wet, hills (not what you guys with real hills would call 'em)but enough that I'll go into 4wd to mow. A sharp turn will still rip in, just don't do it wet.
On the other hand, I've got a place in remote corner of our universe where I get sand for fill. The hole is now nearly 15' deep with an incline of at least 30 degrees, probably more. I may just see how deep I can go/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. She don't spin coming out of there. Just ease off the pedal a bit because when you spin, even the os turfs will dig you in.

So close to buying another set of rims to have a set of those XM27's. Only problem is changing rear tires that weigh 1000 lbs. ea. for those "RARE" cases of wanting more traction/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
regards
Mutt

/ Wish I had R4 tires #15  
I have a combination of tires on my 4WD Kubota B6100.

It had Ags front and rear when I got it but I wanted to widen the stance a bit since the tractor was a bit "tippy" even when the rear Ags were set as wide as they'd go.

I would have gone to R4s but they cost too much and the dealer had a pair of Turfs that would fit the rear. They make it about 4" wider in the rear and hold a lot more water for balast. They have the same rolling circumference as my Ags did so the 4wd ratio is still good.

I left the Ag tires on the front. Now, when I need traction, I pop it into 4WD and get the added traction of the front Ags.

I don't mow with it but I run the tractor all over the yard (in 2wd) for other things and have never dug up the grass with the front Ags.

Front Ags, Rear Turfs - Traction and Stability - best of both worlds.

18-32378-billanim.gif

/ Wish I had R4 tires #16  
After reading this list, I was thinking, why would you be wishing to have another type of tire, unless you had them before. I bet the problem people are having has more to do with the learning cruve in operating a tractor and if they changed the tires, they would have the same problem until they master the operation of the tractor. I had the same problem when i got my kubota, wishing I had a real tractor until I learned how to operate the tractor, and still learning. There is more to tractor time than just sitting in the seat, one must learn as you do things. Remember what one person thinks is the best item to have is the worst thing someone else has used in their life.

Dan L

/ Wish I had R4 tires #17  
I have r-4's on my JD 4300, and while cleaning out a pig pen last night, I was dreaming of ag's. The r-4's didn't have much traction in the mud/slop. The first 2 weeks I had the tractor, I had turf tires as the dealer was out of stock on the r-4's. I'm glad the turfs were not on, because that would have been a mess last night. I won't be cleaning too many pig pens out, so I'm still glad I have the r-4's because they fit my needs 90% of the time. That's the best I could hope for, and as for the other 10%, just have to improvise.

/ Wish I had R4 tires #18  
Hillbilly, instead of #@#, shouldn't that have been #@@? Just wondering. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Keep the greasy side down.
Mike

/ Wish I had R4 tires #19  
Sorry Mike,
It was a typographical. I flinched!!!!

/ Wish I had R4 tires #20  
I have R-1 tires on my Kubota L2500DT. They work fine for FEL work, mowing, snow removal.

The only time I really wish I had someting less aggressive is when I mow after it rains. The ground is soft enough that I leave tread impressions in the ground. Aerating the lawn at the beginning and end of the season should help counter the soil compaction that R-1 tires cause.

-Mike