Wny not New Holland

/ Wny not New Holland #1  

NTexCannon

New Holland dealer near our 12 ac in NE Texas - seem like great guys.

Need FEL tractor about 30-40 hp, don't want hydro transmission - prefer the mechanical kind I know and can fix myself

/ Wny not New Holland #2  
A good dealer is more important then brand in my book. New Holland tractors are good tractors as well and I would not say their any better or worse then JD, Agco or Kubota. If your coming in with a clean slate and no preference to any brand then start going to all the dealers around you, tell them what you want, see what they have, try them out and check out their service department and then start talking price. You can usually rule out the bad dealers first before you get tempted by a low price by one of them.

/ Wny not New Holland #3  
I had a NH TT-60A for a few months. It was okay but I'm happier with Kubota.

Two things I didn't like about NH:

1) they are noisy. I ended up wearing earplugs when running the tractor.

2) NH has a poor turning radius. They apparently have a reputation for needing a 40 acre field to turn around in (exageration). But seriously, my Kubota turn in a lot shorter distance. This can be important when mowing and you end up needing 100' to turn around.

I agree about good dealers being important. The two dealers I work with carry both Kubota and NH.

Ken

/ Wny not New Holland #4  

Two things I didn't like about NH:

1) they are noisy. I ended up wearing earplugs when running the tractor.

2) NH has a poor turning radius. They apparently have a reputation for needing a 40 acre field to turn around in (exageration). But seriously, my Kubota turn in a lot shorter distance. This can be important when mowing and you end up needing 100' to turn around.

I agree about good dealers being important. The two dealers I work with carry both Kubota and NH.

Ken

New Holland has the Supersteer option for most of their tractors. This option will alleviate any turning concerns.

Also, I wear ear plugs on all my equipment regardless to how loud one is compared to the other. I am on equipment enough that I don't want to mess around with hearing issues and headaches from the constant drumming my head takes from the noise.

/ Wny not New Holland #5  
Try an MP3 player with ear buds, soothing music and ear protection.

/ Wny not New Holland #6  

The TT is a 'cheap' economey class tractor. Like the stuff from Mahindra... Deere 5x05 series, etc. You probably would have been happier with a TN, they are more comparable to the Kubota's (which I also sell)

/ Wny not New Holland #7  
Try an MP3 player with ear buds, soothing music and ear protection.

I don't really care for music while I'm on the tractor. But my point was, the NH actually hurt my ears after a few hours, something no other equipment has done. Now I've started using ear plugs on most of my equipment, but the NH was the only one that really hurt.

Ken

/ Wny not New Holland #8  
The TT is a 'cheap' economey class tractor. Like the stuff from Mahindra... Deere 5x05 series, etc. You probably would have been happier with a TN, they are more comparable to the Kubota's (which I also sell)

yeah, I did sit in a TN with a cab. That was nice and quiet :) but I couldn't justify the cab, LOL. I traded the TT-60 for an M-9540 (and a 15' batwing Bush Hog). Very nice.

I do think the blue is prettier than the orange, however :rolleyes: Maybe it's because I have a lot of orange here.

Ken
Kubota M9540, M5040, B21, B2710, KX-121, ZD-321, RTV-900
JD 325 skidsteer

/ Wny not New Holland #9  

I saw the TT at my dealer the other day and he said same thing. I purchased a TN75 and love it. The turn radius on my NH is much better than my brothers Kubota... but his is 4wd and mine is 2wd (assuming that's the difference). There are differences (same HP) in our tractors (pros and cons on both) but either machine does the job w/out any complaints. I actually haven't noticed any sound difference to speak of. Both have the muffler extended above the front hood. Long story short... were happy with both.

/ Wny not New Holland #10  

Don't you think, just to be clear in your indictment of Mahindra as 'cheap' economey,(sp), class tractors; you should tell us just what models you are referring to? Or is that your overall opinion of all Mahindras?