Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny...

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #11  
I have some thorn trees along the edges of my woods, and they will surley flaten the tires on my GT but have yet to do any damage to the R4's , but of course the thorns i have look nothing like those wicked things. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny...
I found out what caused the problem, both tires had been shot out with a .22 caliber bullet.

Scary thing is this was right behind my house.

I'm considering putting up video cameras now.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #13  
Wow, that's scarier than thorn bushes.

I've got honey locust out the whazoo. Great for attracting deer but not much else that I know of. They don't make much shade. Thorns penetrate gloves, boots, tires. If you cut one down and don't kill the stump immediately it shoots up like a huge bush that is worse than the tree. The wood is tough and hard. Even the dead stumps are hard to deal with. The wood may be good for something but it doesn't seem to burn well. I've got too many to do anything about. In fact my 250 acres are lovingly known as Honey Locust Hill.

Haven't had a flat yet. But I'm sure the day will come.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #14  
George... what part of SC? I am in Westminster, SC near Anderson and Greenville.

Jim

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #15  
About an hour east of you in Rock Hill. My property is about 40 minutes south of Rock Hill about 1/2 way to Columbia.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #16  
Are Honey Locust the kind of locust that they use for fence posts? Locust posts last for ever.

Chris

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny...
Your thinking of black locust...

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( About an hour east of you in Rock Hill. My property is about 40 minutes south of Rock Hill about 1/2 way to Columbia. )</font>

Not too far. I got my Commercial Drivers License there in Rockhill, SC

I use to go fishing in that neck of the woods quite often.

Jim

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #19  
Locust is good fence post material just remove bark and put in hole. Holds up a long time.

/ Woke up this morning, tractor was looking funny... #20  
Call your local police department and file a report.. it might be a felony using a firearm in the destruction of property. Since your house is close by.. they could pile on some charges against them.. def. against the law to discharge a firearm w/in 150ft of an occupied structure w/out the owners permission.

Look to see if you can determine from the angle of entry/exit the position the shooter might have been at.. the police might even check into it.. look for tire tracks along the road or in the woods.