wonder if it fits in the hpx/xuv too??

/ wonder if it fits in the hpx/xuv too?? #11  
If I'm not mistaken, which I may be, the Gators all use a Salisbury clutch setup. This is the exact same clutch setups used in most all snowmobiles and the old Honda Odysseys I used to run. I used to get Comet brand clutch parts and could setup the clutch for pretty well whatever you wanted. At muddy tracks with deep and thick bogs you'd want to gear it down and have a higher stall speed. Dry and flat tracks you wanted higher gears for more top end. With just the driven clutch, pucks and belts I could vary the top end speed by over 20 mph.

I found the limitations when I dropped a 3 cylinder snowmobile engine in an Odyssey though. All the performance Comet clutch parts worked fine, but I split the transmission in half because of too much power. If you wanted to make a 'bad to the bone' Gator, just buy an old junk snowmobile with the clutch and transmission setup with it. All you'd need to do then would be to re-locate the engine and transmission mounts along with a few other minor modifications and you'd have a super beast of a Gator for less than buying a new Kawasaki engine.

/ wonder if it fits in the hpx/xuv too??
no my motor never bogged down the tires would spin before the motor ever bogged down your missing the point here i'm talking about the engine torque and the reving of the engine to get it to do the work. same as the rhino's i can drop a fuel controler in my rhino and get more speed out of it without even touching the clutch because it has more hp than the gators do if you only have so much hp to get out of it then thats it. not lookin to get more speed but alot more power would be nice instaed of spinning the tires i would like to fill them with a little water and see what some weight would do.

as for as the odessey clutchs go i think they would make them gator fly.the whole thing about this engine is if the 20hp engine was to give out why go back with it why not drop this one in??29hp is better than 20hp.

I do not own a Gas XPX. I have drove them since they first came out at work. I think part of the issue is that you are pulling a double axle trailer that is probably overweight for the machine, and the clutches on these rev the engine before they move it so in your case I think the clutch is the issue. I doubt you were bogging your 20 hp motor since the clutch will not let you.

/ wonder if it fits in the hpx/xuv too?? #13  
with my 620i it's the ECU that shuts it down at 30mph.....the engine just quits revin'....when you hit a hill with it matted it rev's up but i don't think it gets to 3600rpms.....maybe 3000rpms and thats it......there is aguy thats workin' on HP stuff for the XVU...

we a currently working on fuel systems and clutching for the XUV, these items should be available mid summer.As soon as they become available it will be on our web site Recreational Motorsports as of right now you will see a coming soon tab only, when it says GATOR PARTS it means they are ready.

Thank you
Scott Minzenmeyer
President SJM companies.

/ wonder if it fits in the hpx/xuv too?? #14  
Good info guys! Keep it comin!