Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ?

/ Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ? #11  
Thanks for the pics. Looks like you did it right the first time with the dual valve. I will be using two separate valves and was looking to see how to plumb from one to the other or use a tee from the pump. If anybody has the answer I would appreciate the help. I was hoping I could "stack" the valves using the 1" pipe nipple but don't know if that will work.

/ Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ?
IMG_1667.jpgIMG_1668.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1670.jpg

I used the Prince RD522CCEA5A4B1 2 spool Detent valve. I had to mount it hydraulic ports down to get the detent valve on the right hand side. If your valve has a power beyond port you will be able to connect to the inlet of the second valve for your log lift. I did install a flow restrictor needle valve. I think I will use more as a saftey than a control valve. I can control the speed with the log lift valve. With the needle set to limit the maximum speed if I forget and push the log lift valve to full open.

/ Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ? #13  
Pizzaguy, I used seperate valves on my lift. I plumbed from the pump into the inlet of the splitting cylinder valve , out the return into the inlet of the lift cylinder valve, out the return and back to the tank. This setup works fine for me, i am sure someone will tell me it is wrong, and it would be better with a valve with a power beyond port. The only difference is if I run both cylinders at the same time they are slower, but still move. I did have to put a restricter in the line on the log lift, the first test with no restriction almost launched the log over my head. My restricter is a 3/8 rod that will slide into the fitting on the end of the hose, it has a 1/16 inch hole drilled through it, you might need to do some trial and error to get yours right.

/ Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ? #15  
PizzaGuy, I used 4 valves in series. The first valve from the pump which is plugged in the picture will have quick disconnects added to allow me to use the splitter as a stand alone hydraulic station. The second valve goes to the wheeled hydraulic jack stand. The 3rd is for the log lift & the last is for the splitter valve. Placing the splitter valve last is the recommend place according to "Energy" brand of valves. I also put a longer nipple between teh middle valves to group them making it easier to identify them. I started off using a restrictor valve for the log lift but it was too slow. I then drilled a larger hole in it but it was still too slow. I removed the restrictor valve per my daughter's request & just use light pressure on the handle - it works great.Hopkins Jun 2010 Oil Cooler Added (8).JPG

/ Wood splitter hydraulic fluid ? #16  
Thanks for the help and pics Oliver. Your pics and description was what I wanted to do with the second valve. Glad to know it will work for me. Now I'm just waiting for warmer weather to the work on it outside.