Wooded Acres

/ Wooded Acres #1  

dutchnhutch

Tractor
none
Just moved to 5+ wooded acres and looking to buy a solid compact tractor for multi- purpose use. Snow removal, some clearing and mowing, etc. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks😀

/ Wooded Acres #2  
Hi. Welcome. Congratulations on the new land.
Depending on what you plan to do will determine the size you need.

I am favorable to Kubota since I own a 2003 BX2200. I have mowed and cleared over 100 trees, shrubs and rocks with it. No issues with it.
Move snow very well. I run a 48" tiller with it and re-landscaped the front yard.

/ Wooded Acres
Great! Thanks Dave. I'll check it out. I'll most likely be looking to buy used.

/ Wooded Acres #4  
This is the best time of the year to be shopping for a used tractor.

There are 35 tractors on offer on eBay within 50 miles of zip code 21756: Industrial Tractor | eBay

Even if you do not see something immediately interesting this will allow you to gauge used tractor prices in your area.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR QUEST.

/ Wooded Acres #5  
When I went to the Kubota dealer, he asked me if I would be mowing (just brush hog) or wanted a front-mount snow thrower (no). This led him to suggest the L series, a heavier but not particularly expensive line compared to the B series.

/ Wooded Acres #6  
You should look into a Kioti CK30 HST. I have one and it will do just about anything you want. Very strong worker. I have cleared over 2 acres of a mixture of trees, rocks etc. The FEL lift capacity is 1200 lbs with ease. I also use a 66 dual stage front mount blower for snow. Great little machine.

/ Wooded Acres #8  
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm going to move your thread on over to our buying, pricing and comparisons section to see if we can get you some more advice.

/ Wooded Acres #9  
I know some will jump on me for this but do look outside of ebay, also. Ebay has had issues with crooks with tractors. Do not buy unless you can put your hand on the tractor and deal direct. Same for used tractor with individual. Too many are stolen and turned real quick. Especially this time of the year.

There are some commercial, dealer type large search sites out there, do at least check them for comparison.

That being said I have a B2710 Kubota that has been good to me, would do probably what you want but I would suggest the "L" series over it due to the frame size as has been noted. Service and parts will be what makes or kills you pleasure with the tractor, all need service and repairs and you want a brand you can get both for. You may wish to spend a few hours reading on this site about problems people experience with a brand before you buy. In the size range you are looking at John Deere, New Holland/Case do not make their own and therefore support if they have them is not the same long term. Kubota and I think Kioti make all theirs, not sure on Kioti.

I would not want a Chinese tractor regardless the label on it. Just read about getting parts, again even here. You do not want a "grey" market tractor. They are brands sold here but those models are not built for the US market and not supported.

Yes there are those who get good service from their grey market tractor or Chinese tractor but when mine needs a part I do not want to wonder will I ever get it.

/ Wooded Acres #10  
I have an L3200 Kubota I haven't had it long and have about 60+ hours on it in 3 months. I've brush hogged with it, put drains around my house with it, dug stumps, moved dirt around my house to push the water away and most recently I built a grapple bucket to help me clean up 7 acres of woods. It seems like it does everything pretty well, the backhoe is a bit slow going but I'm not making a living with it.