Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
I spent all day digging out the contents of my storage shed out in the meadow that collapsed under the weight of the snow. Rescued most everything and transferred it to the garage or the hay storage shed. But a cross member came down right on the operator station of my Woods backhoe, the one I'm trading on the new tractor next week. I noticed the right hand control lever was at an extreme angle from the weight of the roof, and though it popped back into the neutral position as I lifted the debris off it there was no resistance when I put it in the curl position. Sure enough, when I backed Clementine into position and connected the hydraulics, the BH bucket would not curl. The bucket cylinder retracted just fine, but would not contract. No leaks, all the hoses look good, so I figured the linkage probably got damaged. With luck, it might have just popped loose.

But what will I see under the plastic cover, and what are some troubleshooting steps I could use to find the problem?

TIA, Pete

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead #2  
Bummer. Hope it is an easy fix. Good luck.

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead #3  
I have a Woods 7500. It doesn't look like there is much linkage between the control joysticks and the valves. Assuming that we have the same owners manuals, take a look at Figure 11 on p. 15 and the valve control and valve drawings on pp. 48 and 50. I sure hope that it is nothing internal in the control valves themselves.

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I sure hope that it is nothing internal in the control valves themselves. )</font>

Me too! I'll remove the cover today and hope to find something simple, but the manual doesn't offer a lot of hope! Thanks! Pete

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead #5  
Several years ago the loader on my little B7100 started to be difficult to control.

The dealer relpace worn linkage and all is fine now. According to him very little ever happens to the actuall valve.

Take care Pete. Evenings are made to be spent watching a flame.

Merry Xmas.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Woods 7500 BH bucket curl dead #6  
For sure, Egon: Watching A flame with YOUR flame.

Merry Christmas!