Woods backhoe

/ Woods backhoe #1  

92wrangler

Tractor
Kioti lk3054
Hey everyone, I have an old woods backhoe that I'm looking to find information on. I dont see a nameplate anywhere obvious, is there anyway I can find out what model it is? My issue is my dad lent it to my uncle who broke it. He replaced the pump but I believe the pump is too small and I need to rebuild some of the cylinders but I want to get some specs on it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

/ Woods backhoe #2  
Can you get some pictures of backhoe and sizes of cylinders?

/ Woods backhoe #3  
I "would" suggest contacting Woods. I have everything to believe they are a good company and will do their best to help you out.

Support

/ Woods backhoe
I'll take some pics and measurements tomorrow.
I'll try to contact them as well, hopefully they're good.

/ Woods backhoe #5  
I'll take some pics and measurements tomorrow.
I'll try to contact them as well, hopefully they're good.

They are. One thing which I like/hate about them is that you will need to go through your dealer to order parts. It can be a PITA especially for somebody like me who shops after normal businesses are closed, but at least they're not trying to undercut the supply chain.

/ Woods backhoe
Not sure how to attach a picture but I took some measurements with a tape measure of the two worst cylinders.
One is 2-3/4" o.d., the piston is 1-3/16, and the length of the tube is 23-1/4"
The other one is 2-3/8" o.d., 1-1/8" piston, and the tube is 23-3/8"

/ Woods backhoe #7  
What part of the backhoe are these cylinders used for? Do you see any numbers stamped into the cylinders?
What hp tractor is this on and about how old is the backhoe?
Do you have any hydraulic service shops near you? They can normally rebuild any cylinder just by disassembling and getting measurements.

/ Woods backhoe
Im not certain of the official names but One cylinder is for the bucket and the other is for the arm the the bucket is attached to. I'll have to look a little closer to see if any numbers are in there. I do have a good hydraulic shop near me, Unfortunately the cylinders are the easier part. I'm also concerned about the pump, it's a northern pump but it's old, I tried to run the name plate with no success and northern couldn't help me. I'll have to contact woods to find out flow specs and I may take the pump into a hydraulic shop for them to identify it. Thanks for the idea I hadn't thought about an independent hydraulic shop.

/ Woods backhoe
My dad purchased the backhoe with his 80's ford, around 25 horse. The backhoe is probably the same age.

/ Woods backhoe #10  
I would guess a BH750 then... the same as what I have. I have the manual for it if that's any help.