Rotary Cutter Woods Brush Bull Rotary Cutters

/ Woods Brush Bull Rotary Cutters
Thanks Bird! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I think I am starting to get a better picture of what to expect.

By the way, I went to my not quite so local <font color=green>JD</font color=green> dealer at lunch today. He carries Bush Hog, Rhino and naturally the JD cutters. I haven't memorized the specs yet, but it looks like the JD MX5 cutter is edging up to the front of the pack. All of the medium duty cutters (including Woods) look to be quite good and stout. The JD is looking to be a couple hundred $$$ cheaper than the Woods, Rhino, and Bushhog with the chains included. The JD price is $1650 for the MX5, and $1800 for either the Rhino or 'Hog all with chains front and rear.

I will have to go back to the Kubota dealer and dicker a bit and see where he can bottom out. I may just have a "mixed marriage" of <font color=orange>Orange tractor</font color=orange> and <font color=green>Green cutter</font color=green>. I hope nobody laughs!

Oh yeah, are those prices competitive?

John Bud

/ Woods Brush Bull Rotary Cutters #22  
For what it's worth...my grandfather has both a Woods bush hog and Woods finishing mower that he bought as part of a package deal with his 'new' Kubota back in 1979. I've used both of them many times and have never been anything but impressed with them.
The bush hog has been used to clear well over 100 acres and is used to regularly maintain around 30 acres of pasture and other areas. We've never had the slightest problem with the bush hog. The finish mower handles about eight acres of lawn at my grandparents place and the only problem we've had with it is the two tail wheels had to replaced last summer because the rubber part of the tire had worn out.
After seeing both of these mowers used for over twenty years and using them myself, I know that is what I will buy when I actually have to grow up and buy my own and not borrow my grandfather's anymore.
Just my thoughts -- since you kept stressing you wanted a "quality tool."

Chris,

Thanks for the input and I'm glad to hear that your family has had good service from the Woods unit. It is still a front runner along with the John Deere MX5.

John Bud

I have FINALLY gotten the last quote that I was waiting for. The Woods BrushBull Medium Duty 600, which is by the specs, on of the best if not the best cutter in the group I am looking at. It is also the heavy weight champ at 1023 pounds with out chains and 1121 pounds with chains. That's a lota cutter, especially for a 60" cutter when the next closest competitor is 823 pounds, with chains.

I was really worried that the Woods would be out of my $$$ reach. BUT, much to my surprise, my closest dealer quoted me the lowest price! Lower than the other cutters, by a significant amount! 1599.00 with chains. Gotta Like it. I will be ordering one of these up in early March.

Thanks for all the ideas and support, it just shows how good TBN is for getting real data on stuff like this!
Signing off on the Brush Cutter Saga,
John Bud