woods extreme duty box blade?

/ woods extreme duty box blade? #1  

rbg60

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 2400 case Ih Jx75
Hello
I just got back from preveiwing a upcoming auction.I was looking at boxblades when I came across a seven footer.I could make out threw the worn paint that it was made by woods.The scarfier bars were attached to the back of the main frame.This main frame was at least a 6by6 maybe bigger box tubing.The scarifer blades were between 3/4-1 inch thick.I have no ideal what it's weight was but it is heavy.The main frame that the scarifiers were attached to pivoted up and away from ground.This was assisted by a big coil spring that was located behind the top link.It also had a hinged back plate and to my surprise only a cat one hitch.Has any body seen one of these,or know anything about them?I have seen alot of boxblades but not like this one.I thought about going back this week to see it, sell but wouldn't have a clue what to bid.Any ideas?
Thanks Rex!

/ woods extreme duty box blade?
Hi froggy
No,thats not it.This one I seen seems to look heavier.Its hard to tell sometimes by a picture.The one at the sale has scarifers mounded behind the main box tubing instead of through it.The big coil spring behind the top link runs parallel to the ground or back towards rear of box.
Thanks Rex

/ woods extreme duty box blade? #4  
Wonder if could have been the rollover model. Look under the construction page & heavy duty box blades at woodsonline.

/ woods extreme duty box blade? #5  
Saw one that sounds like what you described sell at auction last saturday. From your descrption, it sounds like a model Woods sold about 10 or 15 years back. The one I saw, sold for $775. Used box blades sell like hot cakes at auctions. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Indy!
This one looked like it had a few years on it also.I would guess its age at 10 to 20 .(just a guess).There was another woods box blade in the same era right next to it. It seemed to be modified so the scarifier bar couldn't pivot.Down the row even father was another woods boxblade.This also had a pivot on the scarifer bar.IT looked like it had to be bolted up or down,it was lighter built and looked newer.The numbers were on this last implement ,I didn't write them down because I thought the box was to light for my application.
I'm kind of interested in the first boxblade because of its weight. My tractor is 75 hp,4x4 at about 9000 lbs.
Thanks Rex

/ woods extreme duty box blade? #7  
Sure sounds like a rollover bb to me. They're quite handy with some advantages over a fixed bb. John

Hello
I can see why you might think its a roll back with my description but its not.The only thing that moves is a retractable scarfier bar that is assisted by a coil spring.This box blade looks like it sat outside its entire life.It looks like it was repainted a few years ago over the rust.On a scale of one to ten I would give it a five.I'm sure it would still do the job in every way.I going to see it sell sat.Any ideals what she is worth?
Thanks again Rex

/ woods extreme duty box blade? #9  
Rex, I'm not sure from your discription if we are comparing apples to apples as the one you describe sounds like its not your typical boxblade of today even if it doesn't roll over. In November I bought a 7' Woods Extreme Duty XB84 H/D Box Blade to pull behind my M9000 4wd 90hp it is very heavy I think 1200lbs or so its new and I paid $1,600 for it. As long as you don't see a bunch of weldments or other problems metal like this doesn't get old unless there was flexing or something and I don't see that being to probable on their heavy boxes so I'd say it outa be worth a bunch but I'd hate to give more than $1,000 for it unless its really special. Anything less than a grand I'd say your stealing it besides the stuff that goes wrong on a boxblade you can fix or have fixed with a welder for the most part.
Steve

Hello
I thougth I would let you guys know what the boxblade went for and maybe a picture or two.Well, when I got there it was gone,sold before the auction.I don't think this is right when I just drove 40 miles.Once its in the auction row I think it should be auctioned off.Maybe I'm wrong or it wasn't meant to be!!!
See Ya Rex