Woods groundbreaker BH6000

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #11  
I have removed and attached my BX6000 a couple of times and its as easy as the FEL. I sometimes have trouble reattaching the FEL in my barn where the floor isn't level. The backhoe stabilizers can be used to compensate for this. On my BX2200, the 3pt is still hitting the original frame of the tractor before making contact with the sub-frame so I'm not losing any width. Also, it does take me about as long to put the 3 pt. assembly back on the tractor as it does to get the backhoe off and it can be a finger masher.

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #12  
<font color="blue">I have just ordered a BH6000 with 8" bucket as I am unsure of its performace in the clay loam, here. </font>

I have a 10" and 16" bucket for my hoe, on a B series. Also have clay...

I can tell you that if the clay is more than damp, the 10" bucket is about useless, as the clay sticks and does not fall out. So I either have to manually dig it out with a bar, or play like I am doing something, when really the bucket remains about 80% full all the time and no dirt is moved, for all practical purposes. Even my 16" bucket sticks sometimes.

Point being, that an 8" bucket in sticky clay may not be much fun. I use my 10" when digging stumps, as I think it rips the roots better. When doing digging though, I use my 16" and don't worry about a wider trench. I am going to back fill it anyway.

A wider bucket is also better for cleaning ditches, in my experience anyway.

What I am trying to say is that if it were me, I would go with a 12 inch bucket on a BX and NOT an 8"...

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #13  
To reply to the folks that have PM'd me. The spread is only slightly impacted by the BH6000 frame mount. The bigger issue is when using a full CAT 1 sized 3PH implement, the full up travel is reduced since the arms of the 3PH hitch hit the BH6000 frame mount on the top attachment points for the hoe. You can see it in the photo.

Attachments

• 864629-IM003245 (Small).JPG
    864629-IM003245 (Small).JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 693
   / Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #14  
I'm confused on the picture. Are the 3 point arms all the way up? And then you pulled them together?

It looks like you couldn't lower the 3 point arms to attach and run hardly any implements if the arms can't be widened enough to clear the subframe.

Could you run something like a brush hog with the subframe on?

Thanks, Nathan

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #15  
In the picture the 3PH is not installed. The top of the picture shows the frame mount for the BH. You can lift full height if the pins are on the inside but not on the outside for a full cat1 implement. With a RB its a problem since the hitch on a BX doesnt have a great deal of light to it.

If you use a limited cat1 implement or move the pins to the inside, you'll never have a problem. For most folks it wouldnt be an issue.

I'll post some more pics with the RB installed.

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #16  
I guess it isn't exactly apples to apples but I'm curious because I was thinking about adding a BH7500 to my L4200. It would see limited use but there is a used one on ebay right now. It is setup specific for the older kubota L series and has a subframe. I use the 3 pt way more than the backhoe but if the price was right and the subframe didn't interfere with running 3 pt implements I will at least put in a low bid and see if I can pick it up for cheap.

Thanks, Nathan

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #17  
Nathan,

I noticed that you are considering an older subframe mounted 7500BH for your L4200. I have an '02 7500 subframe mounted on a L3710. My subframe is long and mounts underneath in a cradle. If you are doing the same thing, please be aware that some subframes of this type used a toplink also. I had a bad experience with the toplink being misadjusted and damaged the tractor. The Woods folks said that the toplink was not necessary, so you would want to check this before mounting. Otherwise, I love the 7500.

/ Woods groundbreaker BH6000 #18  
I know the last post was over a year ago, but that should provide some good history on how the BH6000s and the tractors have stood up.

Since I am also considering adding a Wood BH6000 in the future I took a closer look at the BX24 (The BX2350, Woods combo is cheaper at this point) and noticed an additonal piece of heavy cast just in the front of the rear end that was not on the BX2350, so I assume it is for the Kubota backhoe. I looked at the Woods manual for their subframe and did not see a similar piece in their kit. How signifigant is this?