woods rb72

/ woods rb72 #1  

kramarj

Tractor
Kubota B7100 w/1630C Loader
i am seriously looking into buying a new woods rb72, but wanted to know what other people who own a woods blade think- good or bad, thanks

/ woods rb72 #2  
I have the 5 foot version (RB60) and I have been very happy with it. I use it primarily for snow removal. I was looking at new too but then I was able to score a good deal on Craigslist on a used one. You might want to check around for a used one.

/ woods rb72 #3  
I liked my Woods Back blade so much, I bought a tiller, Snow thrower, and Brush bull cutter. To me, their stuff its top of the line.

/ woods rb72 #4  
I have the 6' that I use with a JD 855 (24 HP) and it works fine. Even with a good blade angle to create a wind row it still covers my tracks and I have adequate power and traction for most jobs.

I use it to smooth gravel on a driveway. Getting a flat smooth finish can be hard. Pushing backwards works better than pulling forward. Back-dragging with the loader also works well. I don't have gauge wheels but they sound like they would be good for this application.

I angled it to cut deeper on one side and created a drain swale. It worked well for that.

I'd buy one again.

/ woods rb72 #5  
I have an RB72 for my TC18. I also have the end plates and skid shoes for it. I use it to plow snow with and to help burn brush. These are really nice blades, buy one! New or used you won't go wrong.

Solo

/ woods rb72
thanks for the feedback, i just ordered it today, hope to have it in about 10 days, thanks again

/ woods rb72 #7  
You won't regret it. Built like a tank and thats what you need considering the rough use it will no doubt get. I fabbed gauge wheels on mine for snow removal.