Mowing Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower?

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #1  

jaybirdt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910f
Tried this on the grey fourm and somone suggested I try here.Had a friend pick up a 48 inch woods mower for me at an auction and when I picked it up found an 18 spline pto shaft and mower set up to run counterclockwise.Says on a decal on mower run Satoh beaver on 2nd pto speed.Can this be converted to run on a standard 6 spline pto and different blades?Or does anyone need a backwards mower? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #2  
The PTO from the correct rotation mower will slide right on the shaft from yours. The next problem is the spindles. If your tractor has a clockwise PTO like 99% do, you will need to replace the spindles because the bolt that holds the blade on will not stay in. Been there, done that, still have the spindles. The blade bolts on your mower will be right hand thread. (most bolts are) The spindles you want have left hand threaded bolts. I was lucky and had a worn out deck with the parts I needed. I just bought another good used deck with correct rotation. Paid $225.00 plus tax. It's old and had some pitted surface rust but otherwise in pretty good shape with all shields in place, etc. I was going to replace my worn spindles but they cost $111.00 each.

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #3  
I just bought a set of CCW blades for my RM48 and had to specify CCW. You can get CCW or CW blades. My problem was with the blade bolts. They have a right hand thread and unscrew when the mower is running.
Fred

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #4  
My RM-48 was built for a clock wise pto and has left hand thread blade bolts. They don't unscrew. Right hand threaded bolts indicate a mower that was built for CCW pto. What tractor do you have and which way does the pto turn?

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #5  
My RM-48 was built for a clock wise pto and has left hand thread blade bolts. They don't unscrew. Right hand threaded bolts indicate a mower that was built for CCW pto. What tractor do you have and which way does the pto turn?
I have a kubota B6100D with clockwise PTO.
My mistake was that when I bought the mower I stuck my hand underneath (the mower was disconnected from any tractor and resting in the bed of a pickup) to see where the cutting edge of the blade was. From what I felt I surmised that the blades would turn counter-clockwise. I didn't realise the blades had been put on upside down so they would cut counter-clockwise. Apparently, whoever reversed those old blades found a way to make the bolts stay in place, but I have lost the seller's phone number and he lives a good three hours away.

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #6  
I'm looking for woods rm48 counterclockwise mower deck for my satoh beaver tractor . I bought woods rm 48 not knowing it was a clockwise one.So I will trade or sell if someone else wants to trade or sell.

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #7  
Tried this on the grey fourm and somone suggested I try here.Had a friend pick up a 48 inch woods mower for me at an auction and when I picked it up found an 18 spline pto shaft and mower set up to run counterclockwise.Says on a decal on mower run Satoh beaver on 2nd pto speed.Can this be converted to run on a standard 6 spline pto and different blades?Or does anyone need a backwards mower? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you still have this woods rm 48 counterclokwise mower and want to sell it call me 973-885-8667

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #8  
If you still have this woods rm 48 counterclokwise mower and want to sell it call me 973-885-8667

the post was from 2006 and he is also in Nova Scotia, Canada... There is a guy in eastern PA that has a CCW woods for sale. He is TechWTR here.

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #9  
I also am looking for a Woods ccw 42 or 48 inch for Satoh Beaver. I live near Winston-Salem, NC. Any help here??? Thanks, Chris

/ Woods RM48 counterclockwise mower? #10  
Which Beaver do you have?