Woodshed finally finished!

/ Woodshed finally finished! #1  

BTackett

Gold Member
I finally got the woodshed finished and all the wood stacked from 4 different piles/stacks that I had covered with plastic. It is so nice to have it all in one place. It is 12 x 17 and now I can get my Yanny out of the garage and into his own home. The sides are 1 inch roughcut white oak and the roof was salvaged from another old barn.

front view
woodshed081008008.jpg

rear view
woodshed081008011.jpg

Bill

/ Woodshed finally finished! #2  
Looks good. I like the rustic look using the white oak. The Yanmar looks at home there.

/ Woodshed finally finished! #3  
Great job on the shed. Do you have a outdoor wood-burning furnace or a wood burner?

/ Woodshed finally finished!
Thanks for the comments. We have a Buck wood burning stove that I wouldn't trade my teeth for in the winter months. We heat our entire 2000 sq ft on the main floor with. If anyone is looking for an awesome wood burning stove I would recommend Buck. This unit heats up to 2500 ft and cost about $3000 up front but well worth it.
Don't tell the Yannie as he might try to wiggle indoors when it gets cold at night.

Fireplacepic002.jpg

Bill

/ Woodshed finally finished! #6  
BTackett said:
I finally got the woodshed finished and all the wood stacked from 4 different piles/stacks that I had covered with plastic. It is so nice to have it all in one place. It is 12 x 17 and now I can get my Yanny out of the garage and into his own home. The sides are 1 inch roughcut white oak and the roof was salvaged from another old barn.

front view
woodshed081008008.jpg

rear view
woodshed081008011.jpg

Bill
Nice looking wood shed.:D

/ Woodshed finally finished! #7  
BTackett said:
Thanks for the comments. We have a Buck wood burning stove that I wouldn't trade my teeth for in the winter months. We heat our entire 2000 sq ft on the main floor with. If anyone is looking for an awesome wood burning stove I would recommend Buck. This unit heats up to 2500 ft and cost about $3000 up front but well worth it.
Don't tell the Yannie as he might try to wiggle indoors when it gets cold at night.

Fireplacepic002.jpg

Bill
I would love to have a wood burning stove instead of a fireplace. Most of your heat you actually get in the house instead of going up the flue:(

/ Woodshed finally finished!
That is correct. The initial cost is more because of the make of the stove and the pipe that we had to use due to the ceiling. We really like it in the winter. I burn on average about 8 normal size logs within a 24 hr period as the stove has a catalyst in it and reburns about 60% of its initial gases so it last a whole lot longer.

Bill

/ Woodshed finally finished! #9  
Something about woodshed,for one always seems to be puttering in or around it,or just kicking back enjoying. :)

/ Woodshed finally finished! #10  
That woodshed is going to age nice. You tractor looks pretty cosy there...