Work Bench

/ Work Bench #11  
This is the workbench I built for my shop. It is 38" high, 24" deep and is L shaped. The longest side is 18' and the other is 12' for a total bench space of 30'. I used 3/4" sheets of formica for the surfaces which allows for easy cleaning of spills etc.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 156
   / Work Bench
You folks are worth a million dollars! I think I'll do the sink height. It makes perfect sense to me. I leave an edge to get a bar stool/etc. under if'n need be too. Mostly it's for pittle work...

/ Work Bench #13  
Budget providing-I used four Sears Craftsman pedestal/roller bearing drawer units(35-1/2" high) placed over a 16' distance, with a 24" wide 1-7/8" thick Microlam with a 1/4" replaceable tempered masonite top skin. I am 6'-4" tall and the overall height is perfect. Since it is not attached to the wall, it goes with me when we sell.
Edit: My drill press and vise are mounted on bases with C-clamps so they can be re-positioned anywhere along the bench top.

Last edited:
   / Work Bench #14  
I posted pixs in wrong thread, here are my work benches.

Attachments

• DSCN2435.jpg
    DSCN2435.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN2446.jpg
    DSCN2446.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 121
   / Work Bench #15  
Get something clean and put it on your kitchen counter. See if that is the right height. If you want to try higher, shim it up with a small piece of plywood and some 2x lumber.

No matter how good the lighting, how convenient the sink, and how easy to clean the surface is, do not use tools on your wife's kitchen counter. Don't ask how I know.

LOL, that is advise well spoken.