Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures???

/ Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #11  
I took 2x4's and ripped about 1/4" off one edge to make a good square edge. Cut to length and glue numerous ones together standing on edge with square edge as your top. Glue and nail enough together to make it the width you prefer. After dry, sand smooth with a belt sander and finish with polyurethane. If you want to get fancy, mix light and dark wood for a beautiful laminated look. My bench is 16' long and took my front end loader to set it. I used old warehouse racks as the base. Long process but much cheaper and stronger than anything on the market today. I sent you an email with a picture attached and attached one here too.
Ken

Attachments

• 319760-MVC-001F.JPG
    319760-MVC-001F.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 502
   / Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #12  
Re: Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/picture

I am going about a work bench layout similar to a Kitchen layout /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

I am going for a L shape with an island in the middle with plenty of lights.

Yooper Dave

/ Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #13  

<font color="blue">"I am going for a L shape with an island in the middle with plenty of lights." </font>

Can we add a wet bar and a wine rack to that?????

/ Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #14  

And maybe a plasma TV! Only for watching tractor videos of course.

/ Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #15  

I managed to find a couple of pictures of the benches I built. The pictures aren't real good but maybe they'll give you an idea. The tops are a couple of solid core doors that they were throwing away when remodeling was being done at work. The frame and legs are just 2X4s bolted together.

Attachments

• 320104-Work-1.jpg
    320104-Work-1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 392
   / Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #16  

In this one you can sort of see the casters that I bolted to the side of the legs on one end. When I pick up the other end the casters hit the floor and I can roll the bench instead of dragging it.

Attachments

• 320105-Work-2.jpg
    320105-Work-2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 375
   / Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #17  

This bench was built in about '58. The plactic bins at top hold paint brushes, etc. Lots of shelf space for spray cans and parts drawers. The drawers at right are for sand paper, chiseld, glue, measuring tools. Flammable chemicals in the cabinet under the vise. I really should move these to the yard shed.

This bench makes a good wall unit.

Attachments

• 320317-MVC-838S.JPG
    320317-MVC-838S.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 817
   / Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #18  

I made this bench from a 7' walnut veneer office door and a refinery control room console table. It is 1/4 lower than the table saw table, so it is also an outfeed table. Lots of storage underneith for stool, trash can, shop vac.

Attachments

• 320319-center.jpg
    320319-center.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 419
   / Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures??? #19  

This shows my table saw cover. This keeps the saw like new and is also my welding bench! The top is 3/8 plywood with 2x2 edges. The very top surface is tub surround. There are two pieces because the old one, loose on top, gets welded and painted on.

Note also the 4x4 electrical box. I like these and have them mounted along the outside of the bench.

The bud light cans is evidence that I really enjoyed my hammock yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Using the bench behind the saw I can rip a sheet of plywood by myself.

/ Work Benches - Looking for plans/ideas/pictures???

Ken, Thanks for sharing... That's the general idea of what I'm looking for... It looks sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif