Work lights for Massey 2706

/ Work lights for Massey 2706 #1  

RegicusMaximus

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
Any of you added some work lights to the ROPS? Just got my 2706 and I can tell I'm going to need some kind of lights both for front to see over the loader and rear. ropslights.com has a kit but before doing anything thought I would ask you guys if any of you have done something cool. Not wanting to drill into the ROPS or mod the tractor really and still be durable as I do get in the woods a lot. Need to be able to use the lights if the ROPS are up or down. Saw some Kubota stuff but don't know how applicable that would be.

/ Work lights for Massey 2706 #2  
I haven't added any lights, as the few times I've wanted light for the rear, I've just used a magnetic adjustable flashlight, stuck to the ROPS. It worked great., and I think it is still stuck on there. LOL
... but to assist with your quest for lighting, I do know there is already a fused hot lead that runs back there, so it would make wiring them up simple..

/ Work lights for Massey 2706 #3  
Well i did this to my allis Chalmers 185. At one time I had (5)John Deere 55 combines. Three were for parts. I took the lights from the combine and mounted them on top side of the fenders. I put the red rear lights on the back and wired it all into the same switch/circhit. I then wired another light off the combine on to the back of the tractor and fixed it to work an a toggle switch. If I needed a backup/work light I just flipped the toggle switch. It works, but is a little primitive. I seen a guy that mounted some lights on a roll bar and the arms of his loader with a U-bolt type design. To do this, you want the lights inside the loader frame to
protect them and run you wiring all the way back along the loader arms. With the loader down they provide the light. With the loader up, these lights shine toward the sky and the tractor headlights light your way. As mentioned magnetic lights. Never tried them, but have heard guys say they work good. With the way things are going, I think I would use some kind of LED verses a regular lamp/light